SR. HSE&S SPECIALIST
The individual in this position facilitates health and safety operations for the Americas Marine & Protective Coatings unit. This includes two (2) manufacturing facilities and all of North Americas (NAM) distribution centers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement company programs, policies and procedures to promote a safe, healthy and secure work environment within the business unit.
- Measure safety, health and security performance utilizing a variety of measuring techniques to include internal auditing activities.
- Provide regulatory, corporate and best safe practices guidance for manufacturing and distribution, laboratory and administrative employees within the business unit.
- Perform manufacturing and distribution audits as requested.
- Maintain health and safety regulatory reporting and record keeping requirements for business unit operations.
- Maintain and manager the SAFE program.
- Oversee internal Medical and HazMat response teams.
- Provide support for the HSE Committees and BBS (Behavior Based Safety) Teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in a safety related field such as safety management/engineering or fire protection technology or safety/industrial hygiene.
At least 6 8 years of HSE&S experience in heavy manufacturing and/or chemical manufacturing working environment.
- OSHA, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and DOT regulatory experience at the federal, state and local level.
- Be able to conduct training related to Health and Safety.
- Be able to travel at the local, state, national and international level as needed.
- Preference will be given to candidates with bilingual skills (English/Spanish); high degree of computer literacy.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 10 lbs. constantly, 25 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Display high level of customer service ability.
- Problem solving abilities.
What will AkzoNobel offer you?
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-Off, Holidays, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening. required. Environmentally responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AkzoNobel - 9 months ago