SUMMARY : Project lead for reporting and data warehousing solutions. Meet frequently with business owners to discuss reporting needs and effectively communicate technical solutions at a business level. Provide analytical services and solutions to the organization's decision-making process and corporate performance management. Develop and implement solutions using organizational data warehouse, data marts, and operational data stores with minimal management supervision. Provide consulting services to the business users related to the use and management of data. Manage the design, maintenance, and completion of highly visible organizational projects. Mentor staff in creating efficient reporting solutions. Design, run and maintain a library of reports to support operational departments regarding medical costs, utilization, provider performance and patient outcomes. Develop business and technical specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead data warehouse initiative with key business stakeholders by gathering and documenting key business definitions, measures, and standards.
2. Facilitate front-end data warehouse tool discussions with business units and design layout of key reports/dashboards based on business input.
3. IT project owner of key data and reporting initiatives such as Physician Incentive Program and Monarch Intranet.
4. Develop, maintain and support Business Intelligence (BI) activities within Microsoft Reporting Services (MSRS) environment.
5. Perform analysis of data sources and processes to ensure data integrity, completeness and accuracy. Identify and facilitate implementation of improvement opportunities.
6. Work independently and collaboratively with end users to assist in defining strategic solutions that solve business issues and enhance corporate performance.
7. Facilitate requirements gathering from non-technical business personnel and suggest efficient reporting solutions based on requirements.
8. Document business requirements in the form of specifications (business and technical specifications)
9. Work independently and provide appropriate recommendations for optimal analysis and development.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
Positions in this function use advanced statistical and inferential analysis programs to provide specialized data analysis. Organizes, sorts and filters data in order to distinguish patterns and recognize trends. Develops and maintains data preparation and validation routines to support data mining and has experience in creating complex data mining algorithms. Selects, recommends and applies appropriate analytic and statistical methodologies and techniques to execute against an analysis plan or research objectives. Evaluates new analytics tools and methodologies for possible deployment. creates data warehouses/marts and/or develops data mining analyses to support business decisions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to others. Requirements:
Management Information Systems, Finance, Healthcare Administration or other
related field is required. 5-7 years experience with MS SQL Server, including Reporting Services, SSIS and stored procedures. Experience with multi-dimensional database technologies. Knowledge of and experience with BI concepts and tools such as Microsoft Analysis Services and ProClarity Analytics Server. Relational database knowledge. Experience deploying reporting solutions in a Sharepoint environment. Strong analytical, communication and documentation skills. Problem solving, project management and team leadership skills. 3 to 5 years experience with medical informatics in the healthcare industry.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as
common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively
before all levels of management and employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with and calculate mathematical
concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proven SQL programming skills. Proven skills in report writing and report development using Microsoft Reporting Services. Advanced ability using Microsoft Excel as a front-end reporting tool.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Monarch HealthCare is proud to be part of OptumHealth!
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educatin Skills / Requirements
Monarch HealthCare - 15 months ago