Senior IT Infrastructure Project Manager—|
Serve Enterprise is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Express. Serve Enterprise provides cutting edge technological services in alternative payments in an innovative payment processing platform, payment card network, and new consumer payment solutions to the Enterprise Growth division of American Express. Serve is growing extremely fast and maintains a start-up agile atmosphere.
We’re looking for a senior project manager to drive our international projects for our infrastructure group. This individual understands how to build project plans and translate business priorities into tactical requirements and knows how to focus internal and external resources towards a common goal.
- Planning, directing and coordinating projects from initiation through implementation. Works with business analysts/partners to determine and translate business requirements into technology solutions.
- Managing project costs, resources, change requests, risk and issues to ensure that maximum business benefit maintained as well as provision of regular project status updates.
- Develops project plans and ensures that the scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders.
- Assembles project plans, ensures all systems of record for project reporting are kept current, and directs and monitors work effort on a regular basis.
- Reviews development estimates from development teams and actively seeks clarification/verification as appropriate.
- Identifies and tracks key project milestones (base-lining critical path).
- Monitors and communicates the progress of project delivery and ensures timely and effective communication of project status in terms of cost, forecast, schedule and assessment of risks/issues.
- Negotiates and influences cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the course of the development life cycle.
- Pro-actively anticipates project risks and issues and ensures adequate mitigation is put in place to ensure delivery is not compromised.
- Oversees quality assurance and ensures appropriate levels of end-to-end testing resources across the project are deployed.
- Candidates should be a strong Project Manager with background and experience in leading various IT projects.
- Preferred background includes: IT infrastructure projects, Network, Windows/LINUX, Storage, VMWare, and Data Center builds.
- Must be able to work with limited direction and drive results.
- Must have strong negotiating skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects
- Must have strong communication skills (can jump in and ask questions/drive conversations)
- 5 + years of successful PM experience in an IT environment
- PMP preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain a consolidated project work plan
- Experience in financial or insurance industries a plus
- Must possess excellent communication and people interfacing skills.
- Must be able to accommodate an in-person interview
- Must be able to travel as the job requires.
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Ability to maintain professional relationship with diverse groups
Primary Location: US-Florida-St. Petersburg
American Express - 12 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...