As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Description: This position will perform Information System Security functions, interfaces with USPS and vendor technical personnel. Participates in development life cycle system reviews and provide advice on security incorporation according to national policies and guidelines. This individual will be expected to work independently or semi-independently with a minimum of guidance or direction.
• Develops information systems security policies and procedures to support risk analysis, facilities access, systems development, contingency planning, reviews and audits, physical security, personnel security and training and awareness.
• Coordinates project teams for reviews, risk assessments, certification that may include Information Systems functions, Inspection Service, Records and end-users.
• Assists in determination of sensitive data and develops procedures to ensure appropriate safeguards for level of sensitivity.
• Provide technical expertise and assistance in specialized areas such as encryption, authentication and telecommunications.
• Reviews and evaluates security components of proposed software and operating systems for approval prior to purchase or acquisition.
• Assists business users in the development of contingency plans. Provides guidance in conducting tests of contingency plans.
• Provides for the installation and maintenance of access control mechanisms, provide monitoring and screening for compliance with physical access requirements (i.e., badge generation and issuance, reception registration, etc.)
• Participates in development life cycle system reviews to advise and approve security incorporation according to national policies and guidelines.
• Conducts tests of contingency plans.
• Provide technical expertise and assistance in specialized areas such as encryption, authentication, and telecommunications.
• Provides for the installation and maintenance of access control mechanisms.
• Provides monitoring and screening for compliance with physical access requirements (i.e. badge generation and issuance, reception registration, etc.).
Requires BS/BA degree in Computer Science or associated discipline preferred.
Requires 8-10 years experience with a minimum of 3 years of applicable experience.
Experience with the following tools are a plus: Tenable Nessus, Rapid7 Nexpose or database vulnerability scanning.
• Ability to perform vulnerability assessments of Windows/UNIX and other enterprise operating systems and applications with the ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing) impact of risk to organization.
• Ensuring compliance to information security policies and standards through inspections, reviews, and evaluations.
• Ability to interpret and analyze vulnerability reports and write executive summaries for corporate reporting.
• Knowledge of auditing a Microsoft Public Key Infrastructure.
• Escalating security issues to ISS management and promulgating security issues and recommend corrective actions across the Postal Service.
• Knowledge of secure protocols and network architectural designs with ability to provide security guidance and recommendations to organizational stakeholders.
• Knowledge of computer incident response for support of USPS CIRT.
• Working knowledge of vulnerability assessment tools such as Nexpose, Nessus, Core Impact, WebInspect, nMap, and other industry standard vulnerability assessment tools
• Strong working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems for purpose of auditing a Public Key Infrastructure
• Must be able to obtain a NACI clearance or USPS equivalent. Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a USPS security clearance. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 5 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 21 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...