An apparel retailer is looking for a Senior Information Architect to take responsibility for the navigation, organization, interaction, and user process engineering for their ecommerce sites, both web and mobile. Utilizing user-centered design methods, the Architect will provide visitors best-in-class user experiences.
- Help lead website design user testing sessions to identify and document significant patterns, user needs, shopping behaviors, and process/design improvements needed
- Work with UX team members to develop customer personas/ segments based on testing and metrics and incorporate conclusions into actionable wireframes and opportunity maps
- Advise UX team members regarding design, layout, placement, and content of design elements
- Develop navigation model, primary and secondary navigation structure for key websites
- Act as a subject matter expert on best practices for UI design and innovative solutions
- Manage and mentor junior Information Architects
- 6+ years experience as an Information Architect or User Experience Architect working with intricate, cutting-edge ecommerce design including responsive design and table UIs
- Experience managing junior information architects
- Solid understanding of best practices for information organization, UI design, and usability
- Hands-on experience creating annotated wireframes, site maps, user flows, and design specifications
- Bachelors degree in Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, HCI, or equivalent a plus
- Expert Adobe InDesign or equivalent
The Woods Group is an executive search firm, focusing on positions in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, as well as nationwide.