Senior Internal Auditor-C
Job ID: 21180
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
$59,740 - $76,638
Based on the 2012 Salary Schedule
There is currently one (1) full-time, exempt vacancy to be filled in the Internal Audit Department.
Flexibility required. If needed, incumbent may work additional hours (approximately 10%, during some weekdays and/or weekends) to meet the needs of the job, accommodate clients, or meet deadlines.
Lead and perform operational, compliance, financial statement, and/or system audits for City of Minneapolis Departments, Boards and Commissions.
- Plan, design, and perform financial, operational, and compliance audits and reviews for the City of Minneapolis Departments, Boards, and Commissions including examinations for adherence to applicable standards and review of financial and administrative systems for integrity, security, adequacy of controls, effectiveness and efficiency of operations, compliance with legal requirements, and consistency with management objectives.
- Define audit objectives and scope, design audit procedures, prepare audit programs, perform test work, and write audit reports.
- Oversee and direct the activities of other auditor(s) designated to assist in the audits assigned and review their work.
- Communicate with appropriate management regarding control concerns and possible solutions.
- Assist with the preparation of speeches, presentations, meeting agendas and administrative documents.
- Assist in the preparation of annual/semi-annual risk assessment and assist in developing the annual/semi-annual audit plan.
Normal office setting with exposure to computers.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a closely related field; or equivalent.
Five (5) years of internal or external audit experience (performing the full scope of duties of an auditor).
Preferred Experience: The following are not required, but preferred.
- Immediate prior experience with current audit procedures/techniques utilized.
- Experience with and knowledge of data analysis software (ACL, IDEA, etc.) and audit management software (AutoAudit, TeamMate, etc.).
- Government auditing, IT auditing, single audit experience, and public accounting experience with national or regional firm.
Note: Fully describe the audit duties/procedures you actually performed, audit techniques utilized, your level of responsibility, give a complete explanation of any of the preferred experience you have obtained, etc.
An equivalent combination of related education/experience may be considered.
Must currently hold, and continue to hold, ¿in good standing¿ certification status as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP).
Resume: You MUST submit your resume along with the official City application. Without it, your application will be deemed as incomplete. Email your resume to Susan.email@example.com.
Required. Once you submit your online application, the Screening Questions will be sent to you via email. You must respond to them and your completed form must be returned and received by us by no later than the established application closing date. If you do not respond to the screening questions by the established deadline, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered further.
The City has determined that a criminal background check and/or qualifications check may be necessary for certain positions with this job title. Applicants may be required to sign an informed consent form allowing the City to obtain their criminal history and/or verify their qualifications in connection with the position sought. Applicants who do not sign the informed consent form will not be further considered for the position.
Drug & Alcohol Testing
All job applicants must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test once a conditional offer of employment has been made. Applicants will be required to sign a notification and consent form prior to undergoing drug and alcohol testing. Applicants who do not consent to undergo drug and alcohol testing will not be required to do so and the City will withdraw the conditional job offer resulting in the job applicant no longer being considered for the position.
The City of Minneapolis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Good working knowledge of applicable rules, laws, controls/audit standards, and a good understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Project and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The selection process will consist of the following: a rating of related education/experience/screening questions, an oral exam, and a writing sample. (100%). The right is reserved to limit the number included in any phase of the selection process. Interview may also include work simulation exercises, or candidate assessment.
MinnesotaJobs.com - 11 months ago
Experience award-winning style at the revitalized Minneapolis Marriott City Center, a Metrodome hotel in the heart of downtown consistently...