All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Masters in Communication or Writing preferred. Bachelors in Communications or Writing is required.
- At least five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in internal/employee communications, corporate communications or public relations
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse employee groups, writing for a variety of different media vehicles as well as audiences, and knowledge of internal communication strategies.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills, specifically analytical and creative experience necessary to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences, utilizing different communication channels.
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills, including communicating with others and speaking in public, listening effectively, interviewing and gathering information from sources at all levels in the organization, and working with varying levels of staff.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing surveys, verbal feedback, focus groups, and other communication measurement tools.
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure and managing multiple projects at once, specifically flexibility and adaptability to unexpected changes, and demonstrated experience in developing and meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Studies and understands web standards, best practices and how to read website statistics
- Studies and understands best practices around use of online newsletters
- Basic familiarity with HTML and CSS
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is seeking a Senior Internal Communications Specialist that will serve as a member of the Internal Communications Department Team and report to the Internal Communications Manager. In the position, the Senior IC specialist will manage and/or assist in the development of large-scale IC projects to support organizational operations, priorities and initiatives.
Develop/edit messaging for Senior Leaders that is consistent with key strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Assist the Internal Communications Manager with providing essential support to hospital leadership i.e. ghost writing, editing, strategic planning, and project management.
- Assist the IC team with developing and implementing new internal communications channels, particularly with the employee intranet site, department blogs, and weekly newsletters.
- Create and manage large-scale communication plans with multiple parts, over an extended period of time for diverse CHOP audiences.
- Create and draft editorial content for senior leaders and disseminate through internal communications mechanisms.
Additional Job duties:
- Work with IC team members to effectively project manage and promote/maintain best practice communication tools, resources and processes that deliver accurate, relevant and timely information to all appropriate internal audiences.
- Plan and manage town hall meetings for executives, campus events, employee forums as needed.
- Promote the use of new technologies to support communication to all CHOP employees
- Act as liaison to Marketing/PR to consistently link internal and external messaging.
- Develop/manage and facilitate relationships with key internal contacts to identify IC opportunities on an ongoing basis with tact and timeliness.
- Develop/manage or assist in the development of messages for the intranet, internal leadership meetings, organization-wide e-mails, blogs.
- Develop communication tools/templates for CHOP Leaders including PowerPoint presentations, talking point documents, Q/As, letters and memos.
- Serve as a resource and consultant to individual departments to review their communication methods, styles, and messages.
- Maintain awareness of and proficiency in current trends and practices in employee communications.
- Conduct ongoing communication audits to evaluate effectiveness, receptivity, and recall of current communication methods, and takes appropriate action as necessary based on the audit results.
- Responsible for making sure that website and email newsletter is used as a tool to communicate with target audiences and achieves online goals.
- Responsible for setting online success goals for the e-mail and Intranet campaigns and measuring against these goals using tools such as Google Analytics.
- Responsible for writing and distributing email newsletters
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 15 months ago