Over the past 30 years, DISH has built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. As the company continues to develop, offering new products and services to an increasing customer base, it looks to recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As a part of the Customer Applications team, the Java/Webmethods Developer will play a crucial role in t he following categories:
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
- Work hands-on and provide the technical knowledge in maintenance and support of enterprise applications, specifically in the EAI area.
- Analyze information from design documents and create/update run books and system support documentation by using Dish Network specified tools and methodologies.
- Will be responsible for providing a variety of services ranging from day-to-day support, proactive monitoring of logs, maintenance, trouble-shooting to improve, advance or simplify applications and processes. Responsibility includes developing management and maintenance scripts/tool.
- Should have knowledge of basic Unix commands.
- This developer will work as a core member of the team, maintaining and supporting the Web Method applications/services that will be deployed on webMethods 5, 6.5 and 7.x.
- Will be responsible to lead a team of junior developers, providing them daily tasks and mentoring them also providing them with Technical guidance.
A successful Senior Java/Webmethods Developer will have the following:
- A degree in Information Technology related discipline or equivalent experience, and a minimum of 5 years software development/support including skills to debug/troubleshoot issues at the code level.
- Should have the ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram and schedule form including technical documents. Strong Analytical, reasoning, problem solving and logical thinking abilities. Ability to work well under pressure and execute on aggressive deadlines. Flexible in a changing work environment and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Unix Shell scripting, Perl and Groovy languages is a plus.
- Experience with webMethods product suite (Integration Server, Flow Services, Broker, Java Services, Adapters) is a plus. Ability to read webMethods logs and configuration files and interpret the errors/messages would be an added plus.
- Knowledge of XML technologies and web-services is a plus.
- Java experience in support or development environment is preferred.