PURPOSE: Application Development Team Lead plans, coordinates, and supervises all activities related to the development, implementation, and support of a subset of information systems and software applications. The Application Development Team Lead will be engaged throughout the IT project lifecycle for software development and integration solutions as well as supporting and upgrading existing systems and applications. This individual will apply strong leadership, communication, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide a team of analysts, designers, or programmers to ensure successful implementation and support of IT applications.
- Possess strong leadership, team coordination, and supervisory skills to effectively lead development team members and activities in designing, implementing, and supporting the company’s IT applications
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for a team of software developers
- Direct assignments to effectively utilize resources to ensure successful delivery of business solutions
- Possess excellent communication and partnering skills to develop effective relationships with other leaders and key stakeholders in IT, business units, project teams, and operations in enabling the successful delivery of IT solutions for the business
- Develop effective relationships with third-party vendors to enable successful delivery of services and solutions
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of applications as well as development methods. Identify and recommend solutions for continuous improvement
- Confer with team leads, managers and other key partners and stakeholders to provide technical advice and resolve problems
- Perform architecture and application designs to support business requests
- Perform development activities for Global applications (Java and Database changes as needed); Production support to monitor production jobs, servers, applications, etc. and resolve issues
- Provide ad-hoc management reporting, data gathering, and analysis as needed
- Assist the Director of Applications Development by providing input into writing performance reviews for application development staff
- Monitor team performance and recommend/implement improvement practices as needed.
HUMAN RELATIONS AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- Demonstrated leadership experience as well as the ability to lead a group of software developers and also able to work independently.
- Self-motivated with strong desire to continue to learn
- Strong English reading and writing communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong partnering and leadership skills
- Strong coaching skills. Ability to step outside role confines and help teach and enable other team members.
- Ability to work in teams and has strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions.
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Relevant degree in software development. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in an application development leadership role
- 5+ years of progressive experience Web based software development
- Excellent knowledge of Java/J2EE development, UML, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Developer
- Excellent knowledge of Software Design Patterns (MVC Struts and Spring), n-tier architecture, and various Web technologies and protocols including HTTP, SOAP, XML, Web Services
- Experience with JBOSS configuration and set-up
- Experience with Service Oriented architecture
- Experience in Objects Oriented design and analytics
- Ability to understand and assess functional requirements, use cases, and other various design artifacts effectively
- Experience with user interface and design
- Design, code and test Java applications, perform code reviews, mentor junior members
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Ensure all development standards and guidelines are followed
- Telecommunications experience preferred
ACN - 4 months ago
ACN is a leading direct selling company offering highly competitive fixed and mobile telephone services, Internet access, gas and electricit...