RMS is building an enormous Cloud Platform from scratch using the most exciting and newest technologies such as HTML5, Vertica and Hadoop!! …all the latest, fun toys to play with in a very high tech toy box. We are proud of our energetic and positive environment culture that where you will find a great balance between technology and academia.
We have no ordinary Software development team! The group largely focuses on developing and building world class, high performance enterprise software solutions that deliver risk quantification tools to our 400+ clients worldwide. By using World class technology, you are part of a very dynamic process where we are building a next generation product that leverages the latest and greatest advancements in database tools, grid computing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and visualization optimization. Our Enterprise Platform utilizes restful web services, 100+ TB of data warehousing/OLAP solutions, large scale distributed data processing technology, best-in-class virtualization technology, and GPU-based computing in a SaaS environment.
Fate is in your hands as you and your team lead the charge for refining and implementing functional requirements: scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, hands -on development, testing, debugging, maintenance and support. Worried about your fit? Don't! You'll participate in all aspects of an iterative software development process including design, coding and reviews.
Quick learning should be second nature. The hunger to learning new technologies in related areas should be churning within you! Hands-on individuals to lead the development effort are critical. This position requires the candidate to demonstrate strong technical competency, be a subject matter expert and a hands-on technical contributor.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with commercial software applications development.
- Thorough understanding of, and experience with .Net UI and Web technologies.
- Awareness of software development lifecycle processes and Agile development methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Masters in Computer Science/Application or Bachelors in Computer science/Engineering from a top university
- Technical Skills and Abilities:
- This position requires skills in web technologies using HTML5, OO JS, CSS3, JSON, ASP.Net MVC3, JQuery,.Net, C# and a breadth of U.I technologies.
- Proficiency in Object-Oriented design, development techniques and direct UI development programming experience.
- Knowledge of U.I and Application Design Patterns.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and related tools and technologies
Located in Newark, California, Risk Management Solutions is the world's leading provider of products and services for the quantification and management of catastrophe risk associated with earthquake, hurricane, windstorm, flood, pandemic disease and terrorism peril events. In 1988, RMS launched with an innovative approach to risk management that has since broadened to a portfolio of regional peril models and enterprise platform solutions to further solidify our position as the industry leader in catastrophic modeling and insurance risk management. Contributing to the company's success is our ability to hire top talent and empower employees to anticipate and act on new opportunities. Even with our tremendous growth, RMS has retained its entrepreneurial culture and single-minded focus on developing industry leading models and analytic applications to help clients make the best decisions in mitigating financial risk. Today, RMS remains the industry leader in catastrophic risk modeling as we continue to build a cutting edge, high-performance Enterprise Platform to set the standard in risk management.
Risk Management Solutions - 18 months ago
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...