NCI: As the Senior Knowledge Management Engineer( Web Software Developer IV ), your experience and prior success will be essential to support the operation of networks in Europe at Stuttgart, Germany in support of USEUCOM and USAFRICOM effort. You will sustain ongoing IT initiatives in the telecommunications network to ensure the satisfaction of the customer. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Executes development plans across multiple projects and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Supports project team efforts to acquire physical resources such as lab and computer software, as needed, as well as service resources such as software vendors, including vendor evaluations, if necessary
- Stays abreast of emerging technology solutions with a specific focus on technologies relevant to core competencies
- Provides technical assistance for estimating development effort, including costs, time frames resources, etc.
- Familiar with multiple development methodologies and is responsible for evaluating technical risks and issues throughout the project
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and/or longer life
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization
- Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve our methodology and training offerings
- Recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
- Masters Degree
- 7 to 10 years of experience.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining web-based applications.
- Extensive experience in integration of database driven web pages.
- Knowledgeable in loading and configuring web servers.
- Expertise in DoD security policy and implementation.
- Experience with creating databases using triggers and PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Experience with software applications.
- Extensive experience with design and development database schemas.
- Ability to maintain several SQ: databases and develop SQ: reports.
- Ability to identify, recommend, develop, and implement solutions to customer requirements.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain TESA approval.
- Current TS/SCI
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...