To provide tools for company wide improvement through training, meeting facilitation, collaborative project management and promotion of Lean Principles utilizing the shop floor kaizen, production preparation and distribution kaizen processes.
- Mentors and trains selected Team Members to lead kaizen events (including but not limited to TIP’s/3P/Distribution/Value Stream Mapping).
- Develops Lean Manufacturing training materials as customer needs require, utilizing principles of adult education.
- Manages other workshop leaders and Kaizen cell team members as required to meet customer needs.
- Serves as an internal consultant working with site management team to establish future vision for operations and the development of strategic plan for implementation.
- Minimum three (3) years working within a Lean Operating system.
- 4 year college degree in IE, ME, Business or applicable course of study, or a minimum of 4 years' applicable experience.
- Leadership of no fewer than twenty-five (25) Improvement events.
- Leadership of no fewer than five (5) Shingijutsu consulted improvement events.
- Previous management experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency through results achieved in the leading of teams through the kaizen cycle.
- Specialized knowledge in the principles, practices, and implementation of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Proficiency in the teaching and presentation of training materials.
- Proven facilitation skills of groups in size of four (4) to twenty (20).
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities concurrently.
- Work with area management to ensure successful follow up to workshops.
- Guide leadership through the planning and selection of the appropriate improvement processes to achieve desired objectives. Assist is setting appropriate scope and stretch targets for individual events or a series of connected events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Achieved basic workshop leader certification or equivalent experience.