To assist the Deputy Regional Head of Legal and the General Counsel, Americas, in operating the Legal and WB Legal Dept. and internally and externally apply everyday policies and procedures on a consistent basis throughout SCB. Negotiate non-trade related documentation with clients.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Primary responsibility for legal review and commentary/approval of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs); Guarantees, Custody Control Agreements (CCAs), Promissory Notes and other pertinent business documentation in order to ensure compliance with our Policies and Procedures.
• Prepare response and cover letter and collect and review data for all information requests (Subpoenas, Seizure Warrants, Restraining Orders, etc)
• Conduct direct negotiations with internal and external SCB clients with regards to the terms of NDAs, Guarantees and CCAs.
• Assist Financial Markets Legal team (Deputy Regional Head of Legal and Financial Markets Advisor) in tracking and updating legal project updates.
• Attend RPF mtgs and assist in tracking of CA internal & external legal opinions by requesting costs estimates and negotiating them with the firms.
• Point of contact and substantive responsibility for legal review of Subpoenas, Restraining Orders, Maritime Attachments and all types of information requests received from the different Federal and State government Agencies & Departments.
• Responsible for internally distributing such requests to all SCB pertinent departments for searches in the different SCB databases.
• Responsible for liaising with Dispute Resolution (Group Legal London) and our external counsel in managing cross-border subpoenas and material disputes/litigation, and resolving issues that result therefrom .
• Review all responsive records located in relation to information requests served on the bank with the General Counsel, Americas or the designated Legal Advisor.
• Management of entities on OFAC filter at the request of Legal Dept. pursuant to Restraining/Seizure Warrants served on SCB.
• Liaise with SCB pertinent business units when restraining payments stopped by the OFAC filter pursuant to Restraining/Seizure Warrants served on SCB.
• Provide coverage as necessary for Master Documentation Unit’s Prime Brokerage Agreements process (Give-Up process)
• Conduct due diligence review of both English and Spanish constitutional documents presented by clients in order to assert capacity & authority to enter into business with SCB.
• Conduct translations of Spanish business documentation to the appropriate English business language.
• Conduct legal research on lexis.com as needed.
• Attend and prepare SCB witness prep sessions as needed.
• Update Litigation files to reflect case/material disputes status.
• Track and update LATAM open disputes/litigation matters.
• Daily reconciliation of amounts restrained in the Legal Suspense Account by reviewing daily statement received from the SCB Finance-Chennai.
• Monthly reconciliation of the Legal Suspense Account against end-of-the-month balance provided by SCB – NY Finance Dept., such reconciliation is then approved by the General Counsel. Americas.
• Coordinate local and international Powers of Attorney as needed by Americas team and in conjunction with the Group Corporate Secretariat’s office in London.
• Updating Records of Bankruptcy Proof of Claims in conjunction with GSAM, as requested.
• Assist, as needed, with Corporate Secretarial duties by updating the info of the SCB subsidiaries that fall within the Americas geography in both hardcopy and the SCB BluePrint OneWorld online system..
• Unit Operational Risk Manager (UORM), reviewing and approving Phoenix Operational Risk/Loss Module and the Phoenix Legal Risk Module when the Responsible Person (RP) has a pertinent entry into the system.
• Review and approve applicable, Optial reports of Key Control Standards (KCS) and Key Control Self-Assessments (KCSAs) required of the Legal Department.
• Business Continuity Coordinator responsible for ensuring that the Legal Dept is able to seamlessly perform their critical functions (as identified in the Business Impact Analysis) in the case of a disaster or other emergency situation all necessary SCB system in case of a catastrophe or any other business interruption.
• Legal Panel review and usage tracking.
• Legal law firm referrals for internal stakeholders.
• Support TB & OCC Financial Advisors as needed, including drafting or reviewing documentation
• Monthly updates to the following reports:
• GEMCO - to Group Legal
• WB L&C Action and Committee Reporting tracker – to Group Legal & Compliance
• LRMI (Legal Risk Mgmt) – to Group Legal
• MANCO Legal (subpoena) updates – to MANCO, Americas
• Legal Dept. Internship Coordinator
• Vendor (Procurement) contracts reviews.
Qualifications & Skills
• Educational background to degree level; JD or BA/BS
• Ability to confidently negotiate terms of various types of agreements
• Knowledge of applicable New York and relevant U.S. Laws and Regulations.
• Knowledge of SCB’s internal policies and procedures.
• Excellent ability to communicate with attorneys & other government representatives
• Ability to interact with Bank staff in different areas of the Group.
• Ability to escalate issues to the pertinent internal or external sources
• NYS Notary Public
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Standard Chartered Bank - 20 months ago
Standard Bank Group sets the standard for sub-Saharan banking. Standard Bank, South Africa's largest bank, offers a variety of retail...