Senior Linguist - Arabic - Levantine (MD)
If you are working or aspiring to work in today's United States Intelligence Community...NOW is the time to join L-3 STRATIS! The Intelligence Solutions Team has a immediate opportunity for a Language Professional.
L-3 Communications has an opening for a Senior Linguist (Arabic - Levantine) located in the Fort Meade, MD area.
The Senior linguists' combined foreign language proficiency, target knowledge and cryptologic experience will allow them to reconstruct and recover, to the extent feasible, material missing from corrupted audio or written material. They will identify those areas in which more or better research materials are required to support the processing efforts. They will compile working aids and database entries or provide guidance to junior personnel to accomplish these tasks. Senior linguists may be expected to:
• Perform final quality control of the translations of some material (audio and/or written) produced by other linguists;
• Provide on-line assistance to other linguists;
• Produce translations in final format, ensuring that the final version reproduces with absolute exactitude the original text;
• Draft and edit summaries based on various forms of written material.
- A Senior linguist must have a minumum of seven years of transcription, translation or other language related cryptologic experience and must also have extensive experience in language, literature, linguistics or related humanistic fields.
- Senior linguists shall have an excellent command of the foreign language and the specific knowledge, talent and skills necessary to function independently.
- Basic internet research skills and an understanding of telecommunications and computer network communications fundamentals are also desired, although not required.
- Performance at level 3 in listening, reading and translation as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale required.
- Must possess or be capable of obtaining a TS/SCI clearance with Poly.
L-3 STRATIS is among the largest divisions of global defense leader, L-3. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, and enterprise information technology services and solutions to the Intelligence Community; the Department of Defense; U.S. federal civilian, state, and local government agencies; and international customers.
L-3 STRATIS is proud of our many long-term partnerships with our customers. We take their missions as our own, always aiming to improve our level of service. Our employees take pride in their consistent application of industry best practices and their ongoing dedication to the highest standards of business ethics – reflected in our motto, Powered by Excellence.
Please take a few minutes to apply online and if your background matches the requirements, you will be contacted by one our Recruiters.
We offer a competitive benefits package for Full time and Part time employees to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
US Security Clearance Required
Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
Day - 1st
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...