Title: Senior Linux/UNIX Engineer.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA / San Francisco, CA.
Duration: 18 Months Contract.
Interview Process: Telephonic + Face - Face
System Admin - LINUX and UNIX with STRONG Networking and Systems Engineering Skills
· In this critical role, you'll utilize your rare combination of UNIX systems experience, network knowledge, troubleshooting skills, and coding sensibilities to design, deploy, monitor, and automate all operational processes.
· The ideal candidate is a technical generalist with skills ranging from production systems/network management.
· This position requires experience in systems administration, with development experience and performance tuning being a plus.
· Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall health and performance of systems
· Work independently on assigned projects, being willing and able to ask for help when needed and escalate problems as they arise.
· Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale Linux environment
· Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design
· Work with development teams to harden, enhance, document, and generally improve the operability and maintainability of our systems
· Identify and triage outages, monitor and remediate systems and network performance
· Assist in the configuration/build-out of new deployments to facilitate our constant growth
· Function as a key member of a cross-functional team to address new product deployment, system performance, capacity planning and SLA compliance.
· Available to Participate in a 12x7 (daylight hours) on-call pager rotation
Minimum Job Qualifications:
· BS in Computer Science, BSEE or similar experience
· 2+ years experience doing project oriented systems administration
· Extensive system administration background
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability
· Knowledge of Unix/Linux, Apache, performance tuning concepts, and web applications
· Experience using scripting languages to perform complex automation in a large-scale environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience working with development teams
Preferred Job Qualifications:
· 5+ years experience with Linux (RHEL a plus)
· 5+ years experience administering large-scale UNIX installations (ISP background a plus)
· Experience with network designs, protocols, and troubleshooting.
· Strong programming skills in one or more of: C, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java
· Experience with SQL and commonly deployed database systems
· Experience with high volume websites and deploying services to international audiences
CSI - 11 months ago