Senior Loan Specialist needed in Newport Beach, CA
The Senior Loan Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all single and multi-family residential and commercial lines/loans are set-up and processed in a timely manner while meeting all regulatory compliance and achieving a high level of customer service. Responsibilities primarily focus on processing, underwriting, customer care and relationship management. Responsibilities further includes handling various administrative duties and assisting in the closing of loans, review of documentation and post-closing follow-up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Communicate with customers, providing excellent customer service and ensuring the customer relationship is maintained and the highest possible level.
2. Proficiency in analyzing individual and business tax returns/financial statements to identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow. Proficiency in analyzing credit reports and liquidity statements. Review set-up loan files for completeness and identify and missing documentation or potential problems. Should have a general understanding of commercial real estate lending, specifically property cash flow analysis and appraisal valuation methods.
3. Analyze each loan file, ensuring the LAW form, loan narrative (if applicable), appraisal(s), application, preliminary title report and verifications meet secondary market and client loan program criteria and are accurately documented. Secondary market includes FNMA and jumbo mortgage products.
4. Prepare loan files for funding by reviewing the analysis for accuracy and by completing the Request for Documents form to ensure all regulatory information and loan terms are accurately input into the computer system to meet compliance. Review formation documents received from borrower to determine they meet internal and secondary market criteria.
5. Prepare pre-qualification and/or commitment letters for loan officer review.
6. Cross trains other team members, when applicable.
7. Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
8. Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
A high school diploma required (college degree preferred). Extensive work experience in residential, commercial and/or construction loan processing, and commercial real estate loan underwriting. Basic computer skills are required. Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
Concinnity Group, Inc. - 5 months ago