**Please visit http://www.pse.com/careers to apply. Applications received through indeed.com will not be considered.**
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Senior Local Government Affairs Representative #26910 and #26914
Puget Sound Energy’s Local Government Affairs and Public Policy team is looking for four Senior Local Government Affair’s Representatives to join our team! Two of these openings are located in Bellevue, WA (#26914) and two are located in Tacoma or Olympia (#26910). Under the direction of the Manager of Local Government Relations, this role will be responsible for local government relations within specific geographic regions and aligning efforts with other regional teams. This position will manage a wide range of complex government relations and strategic public policy assignments that include: execution of regional governmental affairs strategies that include but are not limited to: local legislative and regulatory public policy; advocacy, coalition building and working with community leaders’
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Responsible for assisting across department and across geographic regions.
- Develops and manages relationships with key constituents in assigned geographic territories, including, but not limited to, elected officials, lead municipal agency staff, community leaders, and public affairs groups critical to ensure PSE’s ability to successfully provide safe and reliable natural gas and electric service.
- Responsible for promoting public policies that provide PSE customers with safe, reliable energy services at reasonable costs.
- Monitors local government agendas to assure that PSE customer interests are protected.
- Develops and delivers PSE messages
- Represents PSE on relevant boards, commissions, and through other channels with key constituency groups.
- Implements local government affairs strategy to advance/protect PSE’s public policy interests.
- Supports Project Management teams who have complex major projects.
- Supports local economic development
- Supports manager and other functional groups, regarding policy and political issues that impact PSE programs and initiatives.
- Supports and encourages company’s safety initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- 7 years government relations, legislative, lobbying or related industry experience.
- Working knowledge of political, legislative and regulatory processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, advocacy and problem solving skills.
- Strong research skills and experience.
- Flexibility to work beyond normal work hours, as needed.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- This position will require traveling to several sites located around PSE’s territory.
- Please visit http://www.pse.com/careers to apply. Please note that there are two separate openings for each location. Please apply to requisition #26914 if you’re interested in the Bellevue openings and please apply to #26910 if you’re interested in either the Tacoma or Olympia openings.
PSE offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. PSE is an Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
A sound investment, Puget Energy is the holding company for one of Washington State's largest utilities, Puget Sound Energy. The...