Sr. Loss Control Specialist - TN
We have an opening in Nashville, TN for a Senior Loss Control Specialist. This position is responsible for providing risk management consultation services to current and prospective policyholders for the Workers Compensation Division.
- Manages book of business in an assigned territory: Tennessee, Kentucky, and Mississippi
- Monitors policyholder loss activity and develops loss reduction action plans
- Assists policyholders in identifying key objectives to improve safety and loss control at the workplace; provides consulting and training services to support the account reaching loss control objectives
- Develops and participates in presentations to insureds, underwriters, other BHHC employees, brokers and LC vendors
- Serves as resource to underwriters, brokers and insureds in the field of safety, loss control and regulations related to employee safety
- Reviews underwriting requests for loss control and oversee assignment of work to vendors or employee staff
- Performs special assignments and projects as assigned
- Graduate of four year college or university program certificate; and five or more years of insurance work experience, preferably in workers’ compensation insurance
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
BHHC - 15 months ago