Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 25 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 600 consultants, including more than 350 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
The Thermal Sciences Practice provides services in a wide array of engineering applications and problem-solving ranging from residential and vehicle fire analysis to the investigation of fires and explosions at chemical processes, petrochemical, manufacturing and other industrial facilities. We apply our engineering skills to improve the safety, reliability, and performance of both products and processes. We investigate system failures and accidents for our clients to scientifically determine the root causes of failure and to offer recommendations for preventing accidents in the future.
We are seeking a Senior Manager - Process Safety & Risk Assessment for our Houston, TX; Chicago, IL; or Menlo Park, CA offices. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a chemical process safety and risk analysis practice and expanding our capabilities in this area. Duties will include performing process hazard and risk analysis, accident investigation, equipment failure and reliability analysis, chemical process analysis, and investigation of fires, explosions and chemical releases in a variety of settings.
Qualifications for these positions include:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years work experience
- Outstanding skills and proven track record in chemical process safety including preliminary hazard analysis, failure mode and effects analysis, fault tree and event tree analysis, layer of protection analysis, and probabilistic risk assessment
- Strong skills in hazard consequence analysis such as deflagration and explosion dynamics, explosion overpressure effects, unconfined vapor cloud explosions, BLEVEs, and flame radiation
- In-depth knowledge of OSHA process safety management and USEPA risk management regulations
- Proven ability to attract clients and develop new business
- Demonstrated leadership skills, proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment, and strong mentoring skills with technical staff
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate findings in the form of reports and presentations to our clients or in a public forum such as a government entity or in a legal setting
- Enduring commitment to professional development as evidenced by track record of peer-reviewed publications, participation in technical conferences and commitment to professional engineering licensure or certifications
Exponent - 13 months ago
Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different...