Founded in 1999, Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Our social and mobile cloud technologies — including our flagship sales and CRM applications — help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways. With more than 100,000 customers worldwide, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe. If you're passionate about innovation, come help revolutionize how companies collaborate and communicate with customers.
Senior Manager: Global Real Estate Merger and Acquisition Planning Manager
The Global Real Estate M&A Planning Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the mergers and acquisitions activity representing the global real estate and workplace services department. This position will also contribute to the master and strategic planning efforts to drive the major decisions required to shape Salesforce’s global real estate portfolio. This high growth, incredibly dynamic company requires a highly motivated professional who can play an instrumental part of developing the strategy, inclusive of how acquisitions fit into the strategy, ultimately contributing to successful global real estate plan. The M&A Planning Manager will work closely with the global real estate planning director to ensure that the real estate portfolio aligns with the annual budget and the workforce plan to ensure a scalable, flexible global real estate strategy.
Director of Real Estate Planning (Global)
The Global Real Estate M&A Planning Manager will be required to spearhead the due diligence and integration phases of all merger & acquisition activities with a focus on strategy, attention to details and strong communication and report writing skills. This position will also contribute to improving the overall processes and methods to ensure a sophisticated approach to all types of mergers and acquisitions. As the Merger and Acquisition due diligence and integration point person for the RE+WS team, some of the responsibilities include:
a. Provide real estate strategy and facility services expertise to all M&A initiatives.
b. Provide extensive knowledge of all aspects of the RE+WS industry to ensure that each M&A activity is completed seamlessly and successfully.
c. Be the main communication liaison of RE+WS guidelines between the M&A initiative and the RE+WS teams.
d. Understand when to engage new team members into the communication tree and enable their disclosure.
e. Provide the assessment, analysis and solution generation of the acquisition on behalf of the RE+WS team.
f. Be responsible for the post integration activities for all acquisitions (i.e. after an acquisition is closed, there are on-going efforts to ensure that the acquisition has everything that it needs to be successful within the Salesforce environment).
g. Participate in weekly meetings with the M&A team during the due diligence cycles and the integration cycles.
h. Participate in the Operations & Transformation M&A multi-disciplined team.
i. Generation of reports and read-out of reports for both due diligence and integration for each M&A activity, weekly Ops & Transformation update reports, Quarterly Executive Leadership reports etc.
j. Manage the real estate integration including leases, design, construction, move, start-up.
k. Provide accurate budgeting and scheduling information for the scope of work required for each acquisition.
2. In addition to the M&A responsibilities, this position will:
a. Support the Global Real Estate Planning Director with aligning the Workforce plan and the strategic real estate plan to ensure accurate and scalable global solutions.
b. Identify process improvement opportunities and provide viable, efficient solutions.
c. Be comfortable in leading or contributing to special initiatives and seeks out opportunities to create a best-in-class planning group.
d. Partner with the Finance & Strategy group and support the Global Real Estate Planning Director in ensuring alignment of capital expenditures with the global real estate strategy.
15+ years of relevant experience in real estate, consulting and/or finance.
M&A experience required.
MBA not required but preferred
1. Must have extensive experience in all aspects of the real estate and workplace services industry.
2. Knowledge and experience in the due diligence and integration activities of mergers and acquisitions.
3. Optimistic, resourceful and proactive approach.
4. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
5. Effective executive level presentation skills and leadership capabilities.
6. Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a strategic viewpoint.
7. Must have excellent verbal aptitude and communication skills.
8. Must have excellent non-verbal communication skills by generating executive level reports and presentations.
9. Advanced Excel skills.
10. Attention to detail, strong organizational and prioritization skills.
11. Self-starter and ability to work independently.
12. Interpersonal and teamwork skills to achieve organizational objectives with team members, colleagues, internal partners, internal customers and service providers.
13. Excel at providing best-in-class services as a representative of the Real Estate and Workplace Services group
Would you like to apply to this job?
Apply for the Senior Manager: Global Real Estate M&A Planning Manager position
Rypple - 21 months ago