The Medicaid Programs Manager will serve as top level management for a large Medicaid operation and will be responsible for all aspects of Medicaid administration, including claims processing operations, healthcare provider relations and services, and Medicaid benefit payments, accounting and reporting. The Medicaid Programs Manager will be responsible for managing multi-agency, multi-payer projects individually and across multiple agencies.
Essential Job Functions
Oversees and develops work statements, scope/priority definitions and the creation of budgets and schedules for large complex programs. Develops documents with appropriate standards and client requirements and needs.
Oversees the selection of assigned personnel for projects. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as point of contact with client program management.
Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results and determines and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
Maintains grade and quality of program deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements. Identifies and resolves matters of significance impacting the productivity of several large, complex, global programs. Oversees and implements changes and adjusts as appropriate.
Interfaces with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule. Determines when additional resources are
needed and implements same. Identifies or gathers information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
Participates in discussions regarding project-related decisions and project direction at the executive level. Participates in proposal efforts and sales calls to ensure product meets client needs and specifications.
Manages client project/senior management, company management and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing and interpreting project metrics. Leverages corporate synergies to improve customer information technology performance.
Gathers feedback from client on program results; analyzes feedback and incorporates same into future programs. Identifies and determines global implications of program parameters and redefines, redesigns or revises as appropriate.
Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary. Balances program resources (people, budget, material, time) to optimize program objectives for several large, complex, global projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred
- Ten or more years of project management experience
- Experience working with project management methodology such as Catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience working with quality management approaches and techniques Experience working with delivery assurance policies, procedures and principles to ensure compliance
- Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that increase project efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience working with administrative processes
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Experience working with delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
- Strong creative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills to manage programs and develop new business
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Strong human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward employees
- Strong communication skills
- Personal computer and business software skills
- Ability to manage large or multiple projects, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Willingness to travel
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...