Our client, a highly successful and growing property & casualty insurance organization is expanding and looking for an experienced underwriter. The nature of the is role is to audit and analyze the organization’s underwriting procedures, methodology, and risks on a local level as well as on a national and global basis. This is a great opportunity for an underwriting professional to expand their knowledge base and sphere of influence and work in a very upbeat and positive environment with plenty of opportunity for growth.
- Actively involved in the ongoing development of a best practice underwriting audit work program, ensuring a transparent and robust approach to auditing.
- Responsibility for completing a rotational schedule of underwriting audits on all lines of business.
- Work with the compliance department to ensure business lines are in compliance with state regulations.
- Produce audit reports that will be reviewed by Management and the Audit Committee.
- Upon request, report the findings of the audits to Management and the Audit Committee.
- Other duties and projects as assigned relating to the underwriting audit function within the Internal Audit department.
Smith Arn old Partners is a Stamford, Connecticut based highly specialized technical professional and executive search firm that has helped thousands of companies and people make a professional connection. Smith Arnold Partners has successfully completed searches on behalf of the most recognizable firms in the United States.
- 10+ years of related experience as an underwriter and/or audit professional focused on underwriting procedures and methodology.
- Expertise in underwriting, particularly as relates to the property and casualty business
- In-depth knowledge of insurance/reinsurance business processes and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing people and projects.
- Goal and team oriented.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to make occasional trips to Bermuda and Europe as well as travel between the New York and Connecticut offices.