Who we are:
Merkle, Inc. is the nation’s largest and fastest growing, privately held, customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency with a team of over 1,400 exceptionally talented people working throughout the United States, China and the UK. This is a place where exceptionally talented people want to be -- a place where they can harness their skills, build enduring relationships, and do remarkable things they otherwise wouldn’t.
Merkle is also a place where clients want to do business. For more than 20 years, many of the world’s top brands, financial institutions and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our clients include Dell, DirecTV, Microsoft, Nike, Samsung, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, and the American Cancer Society, to name just a few.
We’ve created an ecosystem where talented people can be comfortable and thrive. We wear jeans. We bring our dogs to work. We let off steam with some pool or foosball. We have fun. But we also work hard. We execute. We innovate. We achieve. We take care of our clients, and each other.
A company filled with this level of talent and passion is going to get noticed. And we are proud of the recognition we’ve received. We’ve been recognized by Forrester Research as a “Leader in Database Marketing” 3 consecutive times, and among Advertising Age’s “Ten Agencies to Watch in 2012”
. We’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore Magazine in 2009, 2010 and 2011, and our CEO, David Williams, was named “CEO of the Year” by SmartCEO magazine.
So if you’re smart, passionate, fun, and committed, consider joining Merkle, where you’ll fit right in.
What we need:
At Merkle we believe that finding and keeping A-talent is as important as landing a million-dollar account. We don’t just “fill seats” -- we work hard to find the right people. That’s one of the reasons we’ve been so successful, and why we’ve been growing more than 20% every year. To keep up with that growth, our Analytic Solutions (consulting) practice needs to bring on a Senior Manager or Associate Director to help support our Quantitative Solutions group.
What we want
Smart, dedicated analytic leaders who like to mold data like clay, turning finite pieces of disparate information into a cohesive whole. Individuals who believe marketing science is also art, who create insightful works of truth that help marketers and creatives alike sell insurance to people who didn’t realize they needed it in the first place.
From the start, you will team with a group of like-minded individuals at Merkle and at our clients to help drive customer strategy; show financial benefit; and prove out a new business model to the insurance industry. You will improve the way we design, develop and deliver our products and services. If you succeed, thousands of lives – including your colleagues’! – will be changed for the better.
Success is not guaranteed. Data is often inaccurate, incomplete, or just plain insufficient to answer the required questions, let alone the right ones. You must be able to translate your insights into recommended actions and, further, gain buy-in from those who will enable you to effect those changes. You will be one partner in a cast of many, each competing to get more of your clients’ time, attention, and additional business; “cooperation” will be the rule of the day. Even then, it may seem like it’s more competition than cooperation, especially when your client may be distracted or otherwise under additional pressure to advance other priorities.
You will not be alone in this. In your corner is an incredibly strong delivery team, senior leadership that believes and supports the vision, and a client who trusts Merkle – and you – enough to make this effort a pillar of their growth foundation.
The Senior Manager / Associate Director of our Quantitative Solutions Group (QSG) must be a well-rounded individual, with the ability to approach projects both operationally and analytically. The Associate Director will engage with a large, world class client to ensure timely delivery of data and ad-hoc analysis, modeling, and strategic consulting to support the client’s marketing programs and result in the greatest impact to their bottom line. They must be able to succeed as both an individual contributor (get hands-on as needed) and as a member of a larger team. On a regular basis, the Associate Director will:
- Own the analytics operations, work processes and output of a team of marketing analysts in the US and Shanghai. Current operational programs include
- Campaign analysis / analysis of performance
- Propensity / response modeling
- Time-series analysis and forecasting.
- Manage project tasks, workplans / timelines and deliverables related to analytics and modeling. Common project tasks often include
- Data extraction, analysis and QC using SAS, SQL or other languages/tools as available
- Market, behavior and trend analysis
- Model development and targeting strategies to support acquisition, growth and retention efforts
- Quantitative analysis of marketing effectiveness for A/G/R programs
- Manage and mentor junior/senior analysts, contributing to their technical and career development.
- Manage relationships with other Merkle business units and serve as a liaison between the client and internal teams.
- Create presentations and other deliverables to provide results, recommendations and advice to clients and other business partners in a clear, concise manner
- Develop and/or communicate strategy to implement the objectives of the organization and guide others in linking their activities to the objectives.
- Participate in creating and articulating relevant solutions for clients and in developing methods or processes for implementation.
- Participate in the sales process to scope client needs and frame up Merkle’s approach.
- 8 or more years experience in quantitative arena
- Client facing experience from an agency or consulting firm preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-team / matrixed environment
- Ability to scale/grow a team to support multiple clients/accounts, if needed
- Experience in direct/database marketing
- Knowledge of, or experience with, any/all of the following marketing functions is a plus:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experienced team player
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics or Quantitative field required; advanced degree with quantitative emphasis is a plus
- Digital analytics
- Media mix modeling and analytics
- Fractional / probabilistic attribution
- Leveraging analytics to support digital marketing programs (Display, search, email, mobile, social)
Merkle Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard