Senior Manager - Design & Construction (Project Management)-13003036
The Senior Manager of Design & Construction Project Management positions report into the regional Director of Design & Construction Project Management (JAPA). S/he is responsible for the day to day activities within a regionally based project management team and works with outside contractors, architects, and engineers. The position may lead direct report(s) at band 30 level.
- Lead project delivery sub-team.
- Provide direction and mentorship of analysts, coordinators and project managers.
- Assist in the development of project controls, systems and processes that allow for optimal delivery of projects.
- Ensure compliance with organization's scheduling, budgeting, and cost tracking requirements.
- Seek out and identify opportunities for cost efficiencies, project savings, and innovative solutions to enhance overall program delivery.
- Ensure highest level of quality and consistency.
- Interface with procurement and technology departments.
- Serve as a resource leveler for project team, as the situation dictates, provide direct oversight and execution of projects.
- Work with third party service providers as appropriated.
- BS in engineering, architecture, or construction management.
- 6-12 years applicable experience in construction and or real estate development
- Experience with architectural firm, construction manager, owner or developer
- Proven track record of delivering high quality customer service and completing projects on time and under budget
- Ability to lead/manage people
- Process oriented mindset with an “end-to-end” solutions oriented perspective
- Strong communications and collaboration skills
- Able to translate business requirements into project goals
- Comfortable working in multi-tasking environment with ambiguity and complexity
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 15 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...