The Digital Marketing Technologist position combines user experience and technical platform capabilities knowledge to help conceptualize, plan and lead delivery of digital marketing programs. The primary focus area for this role is the balanced use of Company’s web content management systems to fuel new innovation for brand, customer and partner digital marketing programs, while reusing existing capabilities whenever possible to reduce time-to-market and program delivery costs. The role also will focus on the integration of the web content management system with other key platform capabilities, such as precision marketing, to deliver brand, customer and partner value.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Create a new rapid release process to deliver cutting-edge capabilities that keep the user experience fresh for always-on brand experiences and the new MCR portfolio site.
- Understand brand, customer and partner needs and their capabilities, prioritize the introduction of new capabilities, and work with agencies and technology partners to ensure existing capabilities are reused whenever possible.
- Draft requirements for candidate technologies to fill platform gaps required to support brand, customer and partner digital programs. Use those requirements to evaluate and shortlist vendors and partners, work with Procurement to run RFPs, perform vendor selections, work through contracts, and manage technical integrations with new vendors.
- Review brand and pillar concepts and recommend the best user experiences and paths to execution, including the innovative use of existing capabilities, the development of new capabilities as required, the revision of concepts to make the programs more consumer friendly and the integration of platform components like loyalty where required to optimize data capture.
- Manage the execution of complex brand and pillar (Coke Zero NCAA, Coke Summer, etc.) digital marketing programs when necessary. Act as an implementation project manager, a technical platform SME, and a user experience guide to external stakeholders that are executing these programs. Manage multiple digital creative agencies and technology platform suppliers that are providing creative or building the programs, and will be accountable to cleanly deliver these programs on time with a high degree of stakeholder confidence.
- Direct the work of 2-4 contract Activation Managers that are implementing new capabilities for brands, partners and customers. Ensure their new capability projects are delivered cleanly and on time.
- Manage the operations and maintenance activities of key digital platform suppliers, including the primary site integrator, prize and game supplier, database supplier and email service provider
The Digital Marketing Technologist must have exceptional communications capabilities, and be able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders, supplier partners, and creative agencies. Stakeholders will be a diverse mix across projects, including brands, IMC, businesses like FSOP, and customers. When directing the internal team, the Digital Marketing Technologist must be able to provide clear and concise direction to contract resources and suppliers. He/She must also strike a fine communication balance between partnership with agencies and taking a strong position on time tables and schedules to ensure successful activations.
The Digital Marketing Technologist will need to develop new approaches to solve business challenges by:
- Reviewing always-on sites from a user interface perspective and developing processes to continuously enhance the user experiences for our brands and customers. Reduce the release cycle times for user interface capabilities to meet CCNA’s rapidly evolving digital marketing needs.
- Critically examining digital program activations from a consumer user interface perspective and recommend program improvements to follow best practices, reuse existing functionality and fully leverage the capabilities of CCNA’s new content management systems.
- Appling digital platform capabilities to meet marketing business requirements and decide when to implement new functionality to meet brand needs.
- Evaluate existing activation processes and perform process optimization..
The Digital Marketing Technologist will heavily influence the capabilities available for building digital marketing programs in CCNA. The Digital Marketing Technologist will also have final authority to make decisions involving the activation of high profile CCNA digital marketing programs, such as Coke Summer. The decisions made by this role may impact the functionality or quality of digital marketing programs and may even determine the ultimate success or failure of these programs in the marketplace. He/she will also make recommendations on existing contract resources, process change, process controls, and staff size.
The Digital Marketing Technologist must be able to recognize when a digital marketing program needs innovation vs when capabilities within the Digital Platform framework can be applied. This is extremely important, as the development time is longer and the cost is higher for building new functionality vs delivering experiences with existing capabilities. He/She should be able to recognize when new functionality is required to deliver a digital marketing program, and work with the Director of Marketing Technology to introduce that functionality at the appropriate times. Balancing the introduction of new functionality with the use of existing capabilities is a key cost challenge within CCNA marketing. Highly reusable and contextually relevant capabilities should be built into the framework, while one-off needs should be solved using the best possible application of existing capabilities. The Digital Marketing Technologist must be capable of performing this balance every day.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems/Science
Related Work Experience : At least 10 years
Core Competencies :
Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long-term goals.
Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants
and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education
a criminal history check
and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is made up of the people who actually make, market and distribute happiness, in the form of great Coca-Cola products...