Job ID: 0913-9494
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms. It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services’ approximately 7,000 registered independent advisors manage over $700 billion of assets in over 1.3 million accounts at Schwab.
The Executive Business Support group reports to the Executive Vice President of Schwab Advisor Services and provides the administrative, operational, communication, and strategic support to assist the Executive Vice President in running the Advisor Services business.
Brief Description of Role:
The Senior Manager will be responsible for supporting the Managing Director in communications, strategic projects and providing business support to the Advisor Services Leadership team. This role also entails developing and executing leadership initiatives in support of our growth. Some examples of key areas of responsibility include:
1) Executive Communications: The Senior Manager will assist the Managing Director with writing presentations and speeches for the Executive Vice President of Advisor Services, as well as developing an executive communications strategy and platform for all of Advisor Services. The Senior Manager will also develop and implement Advisor Services’ employee communication and recognition plans with partners.
2) Business Support: The Senior Manager is also responsible for supporting the Advisor Services Leadership Team by assisting the Managing Director in setting agendas and facilitating the leadership meetings, running the Advisor Services Advisory Board (made up of 20 advisor clients) meetings
3) Program Management: The Senior Manager is responsible for developing and executing leadership programs, such as Online Communities, Philanthropy, Student Programs and IMPACT Awards Program
4) Event Management: The Senior Manager will collaborate with event partners to develop strategies for the event portfolio, including content.
5) Strategy Projects: The Senior Manager is responsible for supporting the Director on delivering high-value strategic projects to Advisor Services Leadership Team. Project work may include market sizing, customer research, financial analysis, statistical analysis, competitive research, and growth strategies.
The ideal candidate will possess the following capabilities:
Critical Success Factors:
- Highly client-oriented with demonstrated strategy experience(required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to synthesize data, develop recommendations, influence partners and report on status (Writing Sample Encouraged),(required)
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and strategic thinking capabilities(required)
- Cross-functional and cross-company project management skills(required)
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and a matrix environment(required)
- A ‘can-do’, results-oriented approach to business(required)
- 2-4 years in a strategy-related and/or executive communications related role(preferred)
- An MBA(preferred)or equivalent experience and a clear understanding of business fundamentals (e.g. financial statements, business functions, organization structure).
- Experience serving the financial services industry(required); advisor market knowledge(preferred)
1) Ability to think strategically and creatively to develop strategies for Advisor Services
2) Strong communication and partnership skills to work effectively with colleagues in a fast-paced, results oriented culture
3) A bias for action, highly organized, and proven ability to successfully execute on multiple projects simultaneously
4) Ability to manage several projects independently
Relocation Offered? No
Work Schedule Days
Languages English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications None
Relevant Work Experience No Work Experience
Position Located In CA - San Francisco
Job Type Full Time
Login | Help
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...