The Global Securities Administration (GSA) department establishes, collects analyzes and maintains records for the 11,000+ equity securities in the master asset reference database for The Capital Group Companies. This critical asset data is necessary for trading, accounting, settlement, fund and account pricing, compliance, reporting, and results measurement.
GSA is a growing, global department, with over 55 associates in London (United Kingdom), Irvine (California) and Norfolk (Virginia). One of the key missions for GSA is to consistently ensure that the department’s operating structure and resources are in place to effectively contribute to service excellence for the Capital Group.
Our business continues to grow in complexity as evidenced by our expansion into new products and global breadth. These dynamics, coupled with the increasingly challenging business and regulatory environment, create an exciting and stimulating work environment. The investment management industry continues to see significant advancement in servicing needs of our internal and external clients, capabilities by third party service providers as well as technology advances; all of which are creating new opportunities. The GSA senior management team is actively engaged in redefining the future operational model and global footprint that will support our business for years to come.
We are looking for a strong leader to help move the business forward and meet future business challenges. As a member of the senior management team for GSA, the Senior Manager will have broad responsibilities for managing the department. This includes setting goals and objectives for the department as well as long term, strategic planning. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for two to three functional teams and will be expected to have a hands-on approach to managing the operations as well as direct involvement in performance management and the coaching process for associates. The ideal candidate should possess sound strategic thinking skills and an ability to champion and drive change. The more you accomplish, the more opportunities will come your way.
- Provide strong leadership at management and team levels
- Set the tone in the department and ensure that the Capital Group's core values and philosophy are reflected through consistent role modeling
- Participate in the overall management of GSA, including management of resources, fund and client servicing, operational risk, and fiscal management
- Provide a global and strategic context for associates regarding company-wide developments and department initiatives
- Build a high performing team, including performance management and development of future leaders, as well as manage, motivate, coach and inspire associates on the team
- Develop business networks internally as well as externally by building strong working relationships with peers and participating in cross organization initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of industry products, practices and services and use this knowledge to continually enhance the level of service to clients as well as the operational effectiveness of the business
- Ensure that the team continually meets high standards for delivering quality results Hiring Criteria Critical Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated sound strategic thinking skills and the ability to translate strategic ideas into the implementation of a long term vision at local and global levels
- Ability to harness critical thinking skills, communication skills and build credibility to influence others
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with internal associates, external clients, and vendors
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, to give and receive input, and consider a broad range of perspectives and incorporate such perspectives in making decisions
- Well-developed project management skills, honed through experience on a variety of complex initiatives
- Ability to think innovatively and in an integrated fashion; conceptualize and grasp broad and complex ideas and leads others in developing business plans
- Drives to take the initiative, responds quickly to problems and takes decisive action, demonstrates managerial courage when dealing with difficult and ambiguous situations
- Exhibits a high level of flexibility and adaptability and is able to change plans or approaches as the business circumstances demand; possesses a strong self-evaluative nature and is able to accept feedback and adapt as necessary
- Displays a mindset and history of impeccable ethical standards
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a management capacity in a large, complex, global company; experience in the financial services industry or public accounting a plus, but not required
- A demonstrated track record in leading diverse and complex operations and projects in an environment where the ability to influence is critically important
- An undergraduate degree strongly preferred; CPA, MBA or other related advanced degree a plus
Capital Group Companies - 20 months ago
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...