Do you love working with the latest and greatest technology? Our mission critical courseroom products and technologies are at the heart of Capella.
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to the Online Product Development team within IT Systems Development. He/She will oversee the execution and delivery of programs and projects that support key initiatives of the organization. This includes managing the following types of resources: program/project managers, business analysts, developers, quality assurance analysts and offshore resources.
- Ownership of complex projects/programs from proposal to implementation phase.
- Define program/project objectives and work with the customer to define their vision.
- Serve as a direct
between customers and IT groups.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Plan, track, control and report progress of project or program to executives.
- Proactively advise management of interim plans, potential issues, mitigating strategies, and implications of requested scope or resource changes.
- Ensure appropriate approvals are obtained for each project phase and that all team members have an understanding of expectations, timelines, and scope.
- Ensure that proposed project solution fits with agreed upon outcomes and deliverables including functional, technical, performance, security, and scalability.
- Help drive consistency of software delivery practice.
- Mentor and provide guidance to project managers.
- Ensure customer expectations are understood and managed.
- Graduate/post-graduate degree in engineering/computer sciences. MBA is preferred.
- 12+ years of IT team management, project management or IT Management experience. 5+ years of direct people management including individual contributors and managers.
- Experience in leading IT service delivery in a medium to large organization for global enterprise customers.
- Ability to develop vendor strategy and technology acquisition strategy and execute the strategy by driving vendor negotiations.
- Successful track record of building and leading delivery teams on an onshore/offshore model.
- Experience working in overseas markets would be advantageous.
- Proven track record rolling out Agile software development methods in an online product development environment.
- Ability to work closely with Product Management organization. Understand product roadmaps and how to execute against them.
- Excellent IT program management skills partnering with all levels of the organization, in multiple business functional units.
- Experience in financial and budget management (3-6 million annually), organizational planning and performance management.
- Experience with SDLC; build, integrate third party and custom software.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...