The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants is the national, professional association of CPAs, with approximately 386,000 members, including CPAs in business and industry, public practice, government, and education; student affiliates; and international associates. We set ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for audits of private companies; federal, state and local governments; and non-profit organizations. We also develop and grade the Uniform CPA Examination.
Senior Manager - Instructional Systems Design
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us.
The Senior Manager of Instructional Systems Design is responsible for managing the development and implementation of templates, reusable learning objects, and other tools to be utilized by the AICPA Learning Member and Competency area in delivering learning products and materials. Serve as a subject matter expert with a focus on applying adult learning principles and reducing cognitive load in learning and development initiatives; and advise on effective learning techniques and best practices.
Director - CPE Operations
Manger, Editorial Content Manager, Learning Content Manager, Instructional Designers, Multimedia Designer
- Leading and Managing Change
- Technology Orientation
- Business Mindedness
- Customer Service Orientation
- Strategic Thinking/Management
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- People Management
- Project Management
- Technical Skills
- Product Development
- Create an instructional design strategy, delivery approach and system to support AICPA member learning needs.
- Apply and improve instructional design while utilizing adult learning methodology, blended learning approach and best practices across an extensive curriculum of education and training programs for the accounting profession.
- Identify and design templates, reusable learning objects and matrices to assist in the rapid modernization/development of courses
- Assess and determine appropriate format, such as Instructor-Led Training (ILT), print-based self-study (PBSS), eLearning courses, webcasts, etc., for delivery of training.
- Lead project management efforts for the full CPE curriculum, including managing matrixed project teams for course development.
- Collaborate with the Content Development Team to develop instructionally sound course objectives, realistic scenarios and case studies.
- Manage the development of valid assessment tools and evaluations.
- Direct a team of instructional designers to design and develop best-in-class learning experiences.
- Advise team on quality of output within accepted production constraints and specific design elements for high profile projects.
- Keep abreast of research on adult learning principles and advise team on effective deployment.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide guidance and expertise to other teams and managers; promote the value of and educate others on instructional design.
- Timely delivery of course design and development
- Finished products produced on time and on budget
- Master's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Media Design, or Adult Education or Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology or related field with extensive related experience
- A minimum of 4-5 years experience with course/web development (CBT/WBT)
- Experience in designing/developing training solutions in multiple formats (classroom, CBT, WBT, CD-ROM)
- Previous experience designing non-technical professional level eLearning where current content may not exist or is available in various forms
- Professional experience in systematic approaches to curriculum development and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult education theories, methods, and strategies
- Project Management (PM) experience on small-scale curriculum development projects using PM tools and techniques, to include MS-Project
- Superior knowledge of learning object development
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills with high degree of detail-orientation and a bias for action and accomplishment
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and Microsoft Project
- Proficient in various e-Learning software including but not limited to Articulate, Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Photoshop, and Captivate
- Ability to adapt to new e-Learning development software products and media as necessary
- Must possess a strong understanding of web usability and user interface best practices.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication, including strong use of conventional grammar and writing styles.
- Possess a creative approach to learning that engages target audiences in learning.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and an understanding of the latest research in ISD and current solutions for adult learning.
Experience developing e-Learning simulations and games
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us. You can upload your resume and cover letter directly via our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AICPA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.