Senior Manager - OPEN Digital Platforms-1208980
Small Businesses increasingly need to leverage digital products and services to advance their business, but often find they don’t have the necessary tools within their business to make the transition. OPEN Commerce Innovation was recently formed to help small businesses “go digital” with a series of products and features that will help business owners digitize their business process. Commerce Innovation will leverage a platform approach in order to rapidly develop and bring to market a wide variety of solutions for small businesses. This platform will connect with AXP’s core technology infrastructure and provide consumable web services and APIs for internal and external developers to leverage in the development of new small business solutions.
Within this group, we are looking for a Senior Manager to join the CI team to ensure the development of a scalable and iterative platform. This is a great opportunity for someone to come in and become the “face” of this new OPEN asset; owning the AET relationship, capabilities integration and reporting and analytics enhancements. This Senior Manager will partner with technologies, agencies, business partners and enterprise level capability owners to prioritize and deliver on a robust platform complete with APIs and web services that will enable many of the digital assets that exist today and will be built in the future (OPEN forum and Mobile). Upcoming projects include the establishment of an 18 month roadmap of platform development leveraging a robust data study and business stakeholder needs assessment across OPEN.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, dynamic and highly numerate individual who is an expert in the spaces of web usability, analytics and social networks. The applicant needs to be able to work in an ever-changing global environment and skilled in setting/refining their own goals and priorities.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum 5 years experience in one or more of the following areas: capabilities management, marketing and/or technology strategy
- Strong understanding and a passion for trends in digital UX and analytics space
- Proven ability to partner with internal technology teams (internal AET and 3rd parties) and business partners to deliver technology in market at top speed
- Strong intellectual curiosity and the ability to innovate within white space
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to conceptually understand and drive innovation from complex systems and data flows
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating and influencing skills to manage large, cross functional projects
- Minimum requirement to travel as required (approx 10% as needed)
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 11 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for m...