Demonstrative knowledge of asset management risks, processes and controls. Strong project management skills. Requires in-depth knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, controls frameworks, and financial services operations. Knowledge of IT audits and knowledge in using data analytics to support audit engagements
- Establish strong relationships with Senior Client Management and related control groups.
- Work with stakeholders to provide process improvement solutions and address unresolved issues.
- Articulate complex issues and themes to senior level stakeholders.
- Manage resources, schedules and budgets efficiently
- Be responsible for high quality delivery within budget.
- Provide direction to their team regarding scope and execution where required.
- Support and develop the team, including active coaching of less experienced team members.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business.
- Possess knowledge of Private Equity and Hedge Funds as well as other relevant investment products (Fixed Income, Equity and Derivatives, etc.) and a firm understanding of Asset Management activities from a SOX or risk perspective.
- Possess strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of a control weakness.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner.
- Be enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take accountability
Education / Certifications: Accounting or Finance advanced degree focused in finance preferred. CPA or CIA certification required with a preference for prior Big4 experience.