The Sr. Manager - Sales for Specialty Brands is responsible for approximately $200 MM - $400MM in revenue and will contribute significant growth and profit to the Daymon Specialty Brands P&L. Primary responsibility is to leverage deep sales and industry expertise to develop strategy for specific Specialty Brand, lead the sales effort to drive significant profitable growth in all channels through new distribution, lead specific category product development under a specific Specialty Brand, adding new programming and unique products. The incumbent is accountable for generating sales revenue according to the annual operating plan as well as indirect P&L management and execution. External interactions will be with co-packers, retailers, brokers and distributors for sales. Internally, the role will have day-to-day contact with multiple functions across the Specialty Brands business unit as well as Operations and HQ functions. This role reports to the Sr. Director – Sales - Specialty Brands.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
Managing Execution (aligning accountability, authority, resources and control systems)
- Achieve targeted sales growth at a rate and profit margin consistent with the strategic business plan
- Collaborate in development, administration and measurement of annual budget(s) in coordination with Sr. Director Sales, Partnership Director(s) and brand partners
- Internal collaboration cross-functionally on key initiatives with: peers, Marketing, Business Units, and Supply Chain
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure appropriate marketing and account penetration plans are in place to identify and monitor opportunities.
- Development of category specific product development. Identify appropriate sku assortment, identify and negotiate product development with co-packers, oversight to final product management and development to take product to market.
- Development of Sales Plan(s) to include but not be limited to assessment of current state of accounts; competition within the target; key decision makers; overall security budget; funding sources; issues/pain points within the target and within the customer's marketplace; current solutions, and opportunity for new product and service offerings.
- Leverage Daymon resources to develop creative strategies for brand(s)/categories, including sales promotion, consumer communication and event marketing
- Harness multiple internal and external sources of knowledge on category and pulls together as cohesive and comprehensive category intelligence monitor
- Negotiate contracts for all Manage broker and distributor relationships and agreements specific to identified Specialty Brand.
- Motivates, oversees and inspires on-site teams to deliver on the agreed upon sales metrics
- Driving Employee Satisfaction: Continuously enhance levels of trust and the work experience of associates to make Daymon a desired workplace
- Acts as a talent scout for the organization
Building/ Managing Relationships
- Support change efforts to align with this businesses entrepreneurial mindset
- Identify and execute profitable sales strategies
- Identify key executives within targeted customer organizations with the goal of a specified number of face-to-face meetings with various levels of the customer organization.
- Build and communicate “wins”
- Focus on value-added activities
Learning & Applying Personal Expertise
- Establish relationships that enable strategic collaborative business planning initiatives
- Develop, establish and maintain relationships with key retailers, Partnership Director(s) and brand partners.
- Develop, build relationships with Daymon logistic teams, IT, finance, which can be leveraged to influence all areas of the P&L.
- Demonstrated sales, sales strategy, sales planning expertise in CPG
- Demonstrated understanding of global landscape in categories and ability to present that information to current/potential customers
- Demonstrated ability to quickly immerse oneself into new areas of business to quickly become subject matter expert
- Demonstrated expertise on categories and supplier capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to use/leverage analytical resources to generate innovative ideas
A) Experience Required
B) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of sales experience building sales plans, marketing/selling against goals
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience in CPG industry
- Track record of achieving sales plans
- Natural and Organic industry/category knowledge
- Experience in matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively
- Experience working/reporting remotely
- Success selling, growing and managing key accounts
- Expertise in developing sales plans, meeting sales goals
- Expertise in developing business relationships resulting in closing the sale
- Ability to create a sales/value proposition scenario
- Account management expertise
- Ability to develop & deliver compelling presentations
- Ability to work in a green field; must be a self starter with vision
- Ability to interact at senior levels
- Ability to influence
- Knowledge of the CPG industry, Natural and Organics and product development
- Strong listening, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally