Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of visionaries who are smart, creative and excited by the impact they make on students’ education around the nation.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• pioneering full color, multi-page, paper family and class reports that are based on powerful, behind-the-scenes analysis of student score data
• offering real-time, dynamic online reporting capabilities of student score data that allow teachers to immediately see how their students and classes perform on high-stakes tests
• linking student score data directly to instructional activities providing educators with clear guidelines on how to address their classes’ strength and weaknesses
• providing powerful paper family and school reports for students with disabilities
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing Reporting Team. We design and build online and paper reports from student test data that are inspiring and that make a real impact on teachers and students across the country. We are currently seeking a Senior Manager of Reporting to join our team in the Washington, DC office to build the vision for the next generation of online and paper reporting solutions.
The Senior Manager of Reporting will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Developing a vision for next generation online reporting capabilities that anticipate the needs of K-12 educators and administrators for the next 5-10 years
• Working with senior management, senior developers and clients to identify and implement the next generation of online and paper reporting tools, including creating a phased plan for implementation, testing, and roll out
• Providing leadership to software development teams on integrating paper and real-time online reporting capabilities
• Building on current capabilities of delivering online, real-time score data to develop the next release of the UI
• Conducting usability studies to identify how users interact with real time score data and how they navigate score data in an online environment
• Building on AIR’s current paper reporting products to identify new technologies that push the envelope even further on providing variable text, data displays and other features to meet future user demands
• Identifying new technologies to drive greater efficiencies in the production and delivery of paper and online score reports
• Manage a team of junior project managers in the development of paper and online reports for multiple state clients
• This position requires a Master’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years experience or a Bachelor’s Degree and equivalent experience
• Strong preference for candidates with backgrounds in delivering cutting-edge technology products to clients and experience managing new releases of software products
• Must have excellent oral and written skills with the ability to matrix manage a reporting team that includes graphic project managers, designers, developers and software testers.
• Must be familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project and versioning tools such as CVS. Experience with programming or data analysis is desired.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...