The Teaching Tolerance project of the Southern Poverty Law Center seeks a dynamic, educational professional to manage the Teaching & Learning staff in developing curricula, evaluating content for print and web publications, and supporting the program's professional development activities.
Founded in 1991 by the Southern Poverty Law Center, Teaching Tolerance supports the efforts of K-12 educators to reduce prejudice and improve intergroup relations among youth. The project offers the successful applicant an opportunity to work for an organization with broad reach and a record of excellence. Our resources have earned four Oscar nominations, two Academy Awards, and more than 40 honors from the Association of Educational Publishers (AEP), including their highest honor, the Golden Lamp Award.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Manage the Teaching & Learning Specialists in planning, organizing and producing curriculum and professional development materials for online publication;
- Oversee the team's planning, organizing and facilitating professional development presentations at conferences and school sites as needed;
- Provide guidance in piloting and evaluation of materials;
- Provide K-12 expertise and curricular support for print and online publications;
- Participate in departmental meetings and collaborative projects;
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred;
- 5+ years successful instructional experience in an elementary or secondary school;
To learn more about us, visit http:www.tolerance.org or http:www.splcenter.org
- Substantial experience developing curriculum or staff development activities;
- Knowledge of and appreciation for multicultural teaching, anti-bias education and culturally responsive pedagogy in addition to educational best practices;
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice, equity and inclusion;
- High level of organization and ability to manage multiple projects, and set priorities;
- Effective communication skills;
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment;
- Occasional travel as required.
This position is based in Montgomery, Alabama. The Center offers a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package to include relocation assistance.
Please send as one pdf attachment – resume, cover letter, three references, and a curriculum-focused writing sample to: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=5913681 No phone calls or mail submissions, please.
The Southern Poverty Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
idealist.org - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard