Lead the Risk and Controls team for Payment Services, with a strong emphasis on Discover Network. Manage a team of exempt professionals responsible for identification, evaluation, mitigation and control of risks. Collaborate with business process owners, and internal and external risk management professionals.
- Manage and coordinate Payments’ Risk and Control Self-Assessment program (RCSA), including development of methodology and execution of assessments.
- Support development, testing, training and implementation of Corporate Risk’s governance risk and compliance software (Archer).
- Coordinate SSAE 16 scope, execution and reporting with internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit to closely align the RCSA program with the audit universe and audit plan.
- Communicate and collaborate with process and control owners on internal audit engagements impacting their respective units.
- Manage the tracking and reporting of Payments control issue management action plans generated from all sources (e.g., RCSA, Internal and External Audit, Compliance, Examiners).
- Manage identification and reporting of operational risk incidents.
- Identify key risk indicators; define and maintain periodic monitoring and reporting.
- Manage coordination of business responses to regulatory queries.
- Partner with key corporate support functions (Corporate Risk, Law, Compliance, etc.) to appropriately address emerging requirements and risks.
- Engage team through goal-setting, coaching, development, monitoring and feedback.
- 8+ years of experience in a risk management-related field (e.g., internal or external audit, compliance). Knowledge and expertise in risk management and internal control principles and methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in managing and developing a team.
- Fully functional in MS Office suite.
- Bachelors Degree
- Financial industry experience.
- Relevant Masters Degree (e.g., MBA).
- Relevant professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA).
- Auditing data analysis software (e.g., ACL, IDEA).
Discover Financial Services - 20 months ago
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand...