Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services Corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Information Technology team.
This position is responsible for coordinating systems analysis and application development activities through direct and indirect staff. Directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices. Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and has na in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing systems analysis and application development projects and programs.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Manage the systems development process including project definition, establishing deadlines and budget parameters.
• Responsible for optimum systems performance in assigned area including success of new development efforts and efficiency of existing systems.
• Assure production incidents are properly addressed and resolved.
• Plan/coordinate systems development efforts according to prescribed standards.
• Assure projects follow prescribed development life cycle; ensure accuracy, quality, timeliness and user satisfaction.
• Communicates corporate direction to Information Systems staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA /BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience.
• 7-10 years of IT and business work experience including managing team(s) in systems analysis and/or programming functions.
• Ability to lead teams and plan and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Thorough knowledge of full system development life cycle.
• Through knowledge of pension administration in the retirement/financial services industry.
• Ability to develop functional and detailed design specifications.
• Ability to give presentations and/or conduct training for internal and external clients and other contacts.
• Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing with all levels.
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.