Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes therapeutics to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. The company has seven marketed products and focuses its research and clinical programs on anti-infectives, including antivirals, antifungals and antibacterials. Headquartered in Foster City, CA, Gilead has operations in the United States, Europe and Australia.
The Manager, Commercial Learning & Development position will lead projects designed to improve training and learning for the Managed Markets group thru design and implementation of the NAM Learning Pathway. This person will also oversee all training for the Managed Markets group including mid year and National Meeting training needs by appropriate development and implementation of relevant training programs.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
In this role, the Manager, C L & D will partner with relevant internal departments, including managed markets, sales & regional trainers, commercial operations, medical affairs and legal.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Ability to plan and manage instructional design projects and promote collaboration, partnerships and relationships among the participants in a design project.
- Analyze the characteristics of the business environment and challenges to develop customized training needs.
- Analyze the characteristics of existing and emerging technologies and their use in an instructional design.
- Apply fundamental research skills to instructional design projects.
- Select, modify, or create a design and development model appropriate for a given project.
- Apply instructional design principles to Training and Development projects.
- Research and utilize technology to enhance the Training and Development function and processes.
- Evaluate training and performance interventions to support management.
- Use performance metrics and analysis to improve training and development design.
- Plan and promote organizational change.
- Apply current research and theory to the practice of instructional design.
- Apply business skills to managing instructional design.
- Design instructional management systems.
- Apply business and financial management skills to the Training and Development function.
- Implement knowledge management solutions.
- Monitor and maintain alignment with Commercial group’s strategic training plan while balancing short-term and long-term business goals.
An effective Manager, CL&D, identifies the business process and actions where the work unit needs to excel in order to achieve its goals. As the Manager, you have to know where the capabilities, needs and gaps currently exist. Skills range from clinical, product, compliance, work rules, sales force automation, selling skills knowledge, project management, and skills to be an effective account manager. You must have the ability to focus on performance by establishing clear objectives for the programs and projects. Must possess strong project management skills, interpersonal communication skills, facilitation skills; problem solving, decision making and analytical skills as well as design, and development of curricula and content. The successful candidate will be passionate, creative and innovative with ability to generate fresh ideas and new ways of developing content and process for the Managed Markets group.
Requires BS/BA degree with a concentration in Science, Education, Business or Marketing.
Minimum of 8 years of related experience in biotech or pharmaceutical fields
National Account Management experience is also preferred
1+ year of experience in commercial training preferred
MS or MBA degree is desirable.
Gilead - 2 years ago
Gilead Sciences has biotech balms for infectious diseases, including hepatitis, HIV, and infections related to AIDS. The company's HIV...