Marketing / Promotions;
Lead a brand area. Guide development of product strategies and marketing programs of key franchise and ensure execution of those programs to ensure success. Increase brand marketing's influence on the rest of the organization with a strong analytic approach - both DI and TWDC. Develop core skills (technical and management) of all team members.
Technical Responsibilities/Skills: Responsibilities and skills of a Senior Manager include but are not limited to:
Management Responsibilities/Skills: Responsibilities of a Senior Manager include but are not limited to:
- Concept evaluation: assess potential concept ideas, provide feedback to Production on tweaking ideas, and make recommendation on how to proceed.
- Research (qualitative and quantitative): assess need for research by interfacing with Production on potential product concepts, builds. Provide direction to brand team throughout project and follow up with senior management on research results.
- Franchise P&L management: manage the overall franchise P&L. Provide guidance to team members on methodology for forecasting (including comparables, decay curves) and budgeting for all products within the segment. Evaluate and sign-off on P&Ls recommended by brand manager and shepherd the P&L through Greenlight process by presenting rationale, support data, etc. during Greenlight meetings. Establish regular check-in points with brand team to reconcile forecast versus actuals and communicate variances to key stakeholders.
- Creative development: Provide guidance to brand team through the development of creative strategy, positioning, etc.
- Product: take leadership role in category assessment and provide direction on potential market opportunities to Production.
- Marketing Plan: provide feedback/guidance to brand manager throughout the marketing plan development process. Facilitate cooperation of other functional groups in development of plan on behalf of brand team.
- Prioritization/Facilitation: ability to prioritize the brand team's projects/tasks, communicate that to team members, and facilitate effective completion of programs through definition and communication of needs to senior management.
- Assessment: ability to assess developmental needs of brand team and identify means of personal growth for all team members.
- Coaching: ability to provide ongoing coaching of all brand team members through consistent feedback (both formal and informal).
- Cross-functional leadership: ability to serve as decision-maker for brand area in dealings with other internal groups (DIS, TWDC) and external partners. Establish clear rationale for decisions and communicate those decisions/rationale to senior management.
Job Posting Industries
- Experience in videogame marketing, consumer packaged goods marketing, or entertainment product marketing. Consulting a plus.
- Strong analytical approach to justify key business decisions
- Track record of launching/marketing leading consumer brands.
- Strategic thinker and creative marketer.
- Results oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
Digital / Interactive
This Position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces experiences for video game consoles like Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Babble.com and Spoonful.com.
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds and provides connected game-play experiences for children around the globe
Disney Mobile Games creates high-quality original gaming experiences for mobile devices. In addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank
Disney Social Games develops best-in-class social games on Facebook, Playdom.com and mobile platforms.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 2 years ago - save job