Determines resource requirements for worldwide assessment of internal controls over financial reporting. Responsible for developing and managing the budget for assessment of internal controls and risk management, as well as developing the scoping support for the annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting for SOX 404. Coordinates material provided to the 404 Steering Committee for control assessment purposes and to the Management Risk Committee for the regular review and assessment of company’s risk management procedures. Plans all audit test work to fulfill SOX 404 requirements, and ensures all testing and support is finalized and complete per SEC guidelines. Ensures company’s approach to SOX 404 and internal control evaluation are best practices and coordinates regular assessment of company’s risk management through the Enterprise Risk Management Process. Works directly with IT auditor and external auditors regarding IT General Control assessment of SOX 404 and to ensure appropriate and efficient audit coverage for in-scope process areas. Hires and trains internal audit staff members. |
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field (or foreign equivalent including foreign 3 year Indian degree).
- 7 years of experience in the job offered or in related audit and compliance positions.
- 5 years of experience working with large audits;
- 4 years of experience preparing and reviewing financial statements in accordance with GAAP;
- 4 years of experience working with SOX 404 requirements and internal controls over financial reporting, including identifying risks, mitigating controls, and ensuring controls are effective;
- 4 years of experience performing risk management assessments;
- 3 years of experience managing staff in relation to audits; and
- Must either be a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor.