Al Jazeera America seeks a Senior Manager, Multi-platform Programming for their Affiliate Relations Team. Position will oversee both strategy and daily operations of all distribution-specific programming efforts with MVPD and Digital partners to support multi-platform contractual obligations and create programming opportunities that build awareness and viewership of the network across partner multi-platform products (Online, TV-E, VOD, Mobile, Linear, Live Streaming).
The position is based in New York.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Act as primary department liaison between internal Programming and Production teams and communicate programming updates back to the Affiliate Relations department
- Lead the curation of programming packages across all existing distribution platforms; make on-going strategic recommendations to the AR and Distribution Marketing Teams as programming changes, as well as manage the daily details for implementation
- Help drive the on-boarding of various new distribution platforms, including launch planning and project management
- In partnership with our technical leads, own all operational scheduling and administration of actual media assets (e.g. heavy scheduling/planning tools, clip-level media asset and metadata management); knowledge of Avail-TVN and thePlatform content management systems
- Monitor and reinforce all distribution content windowing policies across partner platforms and ensure compliance is in place
- Be pro-active in ideation of custom content as needed by distribution partner marketing teams; coordinate with internal Creative Services and Post Production for the production of this custom content
- Maintain on-going quality control across all partner platforms, including both the content experience as well as the brand presence (e.g. prepare distribution experiences for new show launches, optimize video metadata, work with Creative Services to create UI / marketing graphics, etc)
- Oversight of various performance metrics with monthly communication of key programming successes or improvements needed; knowledge of Rentrak (or similar analytics programs)
- When requested, participate in client-facing calls to listen for partner programming needs or to support in operational launches
- Gather competitive intelligence, to track what other networks are doing in the multi-platform programming space. Spot trends, analyze all relevant info and technological changes that may impact our business and make respective strategic recommendations internally
IMPORTANT SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Five to seven years programming experience in either the cable or digital media industries
- Strong knowledge of all multi-platform products (Online, TV-E, VOD, Mobile, Linear, Live Streaming)
- Prior experience working with online digital platforms such as YouTube and iTunes
- A deep understanding of the MVPD / digital landscapes, with specific knowledge of content windowing limitations
- Proven track record of strong project management and accountability
- Must have exceptional scheduling and editorial instincts
- Well versed in Excel, Word and PPT. Experience in Final Cut Pro and Photoshop a plus
- Comfort with writing editorial copy or optimizing video metadata descriptions
- College degree required.
- Strong intellect, analytical, rational with good business intuition and judgment
- Strategic thinker who is also highly detail-oriented
- A creative problem solver who can tackle fire-drills, last minute requests and/or multi-tasking with ease
- Proven team player, who helps create and sustain a positive, supportive culture among departments and other offices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Trustworthy, strong work ethic and impeccable reputation
- Tenacious, hard-driving and is willing to get into the trenches, doing what it takes to hit the goals.
- Holds him/herself and others accountable for results