This position will provide leadership to technical experts in the design, implementation, monitoring and support of the Sherwin-Williams global computing platforms and related technologies.
Strategy & Planning
• Facilitate and oversee development of team goals.
• Facilitate and oversee the annual budget process for Technical Services cost centers.
• Support the growth and development of team members and leaders.
• Develop wants/needs for the annual budgeting process in Server, Storage, SAN, technologies and presents to senior IT management.
• Determine staffing and skills requirements.
• Oversee the design, implementation and support of the global Server, Storage, SAN infrastructure to meet growth, service reliability requirements, and problem management.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Acquire qualified and productive talent.
• Guide and oversee Sherwin-Williams standards for technology deployment.
• Guide and oversee departmental processes and procedures in support of team goals.
• Maintain relationships with peer companies leverage their successes and learn from setbacks.
• Ensure departmental assets are used efficiently and appropriately.
• Maintain relationships with key consumers of departmental services and address concerns as they arise.
• Ensure cooperation with peer functional areas.
• Conduct activities like staffing, performance and resource management, and strategic direction of the team.
• Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance and provide feedback and mentoring.
• Create and maintain development plans for each team member, including training, skills assessment, career planning, and goal planning.
• Manage personal growth objectives for the Team in conjunction with Career Development Office.
• Manage Infrastructure projects regardless of technology.
• Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of infrastructure systems, including Server, Storage, SAN, and service monitoring.
• Lead departmental or divisional meetings as requested.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
• Assist and participate with Change Management preparations and implementations, providing technical subject matter expertise.
• Responsible for hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Provide periodic 24/7 on-call support of specific functions.
• 25% travel as required (domestic and international).
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Knowledge & Experience
• 12+ years IT experience (8 years Server/Storage/SAN related).
• 5+ years management experience.
• Experience leading $1M+ projects preferred.
• 6+ years experience leading team-based activities.
• Significant experience creating and delivering performance appraisals.
• Expert generating advanced activity status and metrics reports.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Excellent verbal and written communications.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Highly responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills.
• Motivated and competent to develop objectives and timelines to accomplish goals.
• Attentive to detail with focus on multitasking and the application of resources required to achieve goals.
• Well organized and able to manage multiple and changing priorities.
• Excellent customer service orientation.
• Strong individual contributor and team player among peers, management, clients and vendors.
• Able to bring out the best in your organization.
• Flexibility, able to adapt to change and embrace it.
• Excellent people skills.
Formal Education & Certification
• Master's Degree and/or Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, PPG...