Senior Manager- Card Bonusing Operations Governance-13003517
The Marketing Services organization ensures that marketing offers, and the technology platforms used for set-up and fulfillment are efficient, compliant, and error-free for all American Express business units (OPEN, CCSG, Travel, and Publishing) and channels (Digital, Phone, and Direct Mail). The organization achieves these goals using a combination of training, processes, controls, governance, and technology solutions.
Card Bonusing Operations in Marketing Capabilities is the business owner of the processes across Marketing (Consumer and OPEN), Merchant Services, World Service, Legal and Compliance required to fulfill merchant and industry specific marketing promotions, programs, and products. As the business owners and subject matter experts of these processes, the responsibilities of the team are to:
Card Bonusing Operations (CBO) is seeking a Sr. Manager to manage the bonusing governance process for requests to add or make changes to existing lists and categories of merchants used to bonus cardmembers on their card spend as part of the card value proposition. In addition, this manager will identify and work with technologies on capabilities enhancements to further automate processes. Responsibilities include:
- Implement capabilities and controls to ensure Merchant data are properly maintained.
- Research and resolve the root cause of Customer claims pertaining to existing merchant related offers.
- Lead Merchant/Industry Bonusing Category Governance for Card Issuance.
- Support the implementation of new Merchant and Industry Bonusing Categories (airline, gas, etc.) in partnership with GMS.
- Define and implement strategic technology solutions.
- Train users on the processes.
- Manage Bonusing Governance with Marketing, GMS, World Service, Legal and Compliance.
- The GMS point-of-contact for all Industry and Merchant bonusing inquiries from Marketing and World Service.
- Ensure all products, programs,and promotions (across multiple platforms – USMR, Cobrand, Business Event Qualifier, and Rebates & Rewards) use accurate Merchant data by managing updates from GMS and World Service.
- Document business needs across various business units including but not limited to: World Service, Marketing (Consumer and OPEN) and Merchant Services.
- Gather feedback from key stakeholders and identify opportunities for enhancements to the platform and associated processes.
- Manage capabilities enhancement projects with Technologies
- Lend support to team with training, transition and post implementation needs
- Process management – the ability to research and document processes which span multiple technology systems and business teams. Includes basic knowledge of workflow softwares (Visio).
- Issue Resolution – experience thinking creatively to solve issues; must have a "can do" attitude
- Strong Communication Skills – ability to listen and experience explaining technical concepts to non-technical business audiences (Legal, Compliance, and Marketing), and Business needs to a technical audience.
- Initiative - Self-starter with a natural curiosity to understand how things work. Ability to operate independently and manage tight timelines
- Flexible- and able to adapt to shifting or changing priorities
- Positive minded Team Player – with ability to see holistic picture that individual and team success are intertwined. Able to work just as well with others as they do independently and ask how they can help achieve overall success.
- Degree – Bachelors Degree. Prefer Engineering, Management Information System, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or other related four year degree.
- Experience – 5-7 years work experience
- Experience in marketing or marketing processes.
- Experience remediating Corrective Action Plans
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 17 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...