Senior Manager- Pricing, Merchant Services Americas-13001587
The Senior Manager within the Merchant Services Americas (focus on US) Pricing team will be part of a high-performing team tasked with maximizing the profitability of the Merchant Services (MS) business. More specifically, this position will focus on pricing for large merchant accounts with a nationwide footprint. The Senior Manager will primarily be responsible for:
(1) preserving and defending our discount rate premium based on the value of the American Express cardmember and network while balancing the organization’s desire for charge volume growth and profitability.
(2) partnering closely with the Client Management developing custom pricing solutions for large merchant renegotiations while influencing the negotiation strategy. Also partner with industry development teams and other Merchant Services teams to provide strategic and analytical pricing support on merchant negotiations.
(3) developing innovative pricing concepts and building the business case while considering impact to our P&L, competitor pricing practices the value we deliver.
(4) evaluating outcomes of various pricing scenarios and ramifications of specific business decisions.
(5) driving the execution and implementation of critical strategies and pricing programs.
He/she will partner with the National Client Management and other Merchant Services (MS) teams to provide strategic and analytical support on pricing decisions, new industry entry strategies, and merchant value strategies, while emphasizing the goal to expand the franchise and grow the bottom line.
This role will offer the individual the opportunity to understand drivers of the MS P&L, competitor pricing and driving our pricing from the value delivered by our card members and products.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong strategic thought leadership and comfort working with unstructured problems
- Motivated self-starter with ability to manage multiple, unrelated tasks; strong project management skills.
- Strong relationship building skills; ability to influence others in cross-functional environments
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong team orientation with ability to collaborate with peers and senior management
- MBA and GMS/merchant interaction experience preferred
- Client facing /negotiations experience preferred
- 4+ years of professional work experience
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our...