Veeder-Root supplies and integrates the broadest range of new and proven technologies to reduce cost of ownership, enhance environmental integrity, and improve performance and profitability for petroleum marketers and commercial fueling enterprises worldwide. Veeder-Root is the world's leading supplier of automatic tank gauging and fuel management systems and one of the few companies in the industry to design, manufacture and service its own products. Veeder-Root presently has tank monitoring systems in more than 500,000 underground storage tanks around the globe. Veeder-Root products and services are being used to meet the regulatory compliance and business management requirements of major oil companies, large truck fleets, car rental companies, airports, package delivery companies, federal, state and local governments, public utilities, industrial companies, and thousands of small underground and aboveground storage tank owners.
This position is located at the Altoona, PA facility. Minimal travel required.
2. Purpose of Position
Candidate must be able to perform engineering/technical assignments using manufacturing engineering practices and principles in a fast paced lean manufacturing environment. The individual will lead new product development and production improvement efforts within the board room and other production areas.
3. Key Responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to perform as a self-starter to drive continuous improvement efforts in areas of responsibility. Continually seeks new opportunities to improve both processes and products.
- Develop and de-bug SMT assembly programs for a wide spectrum of SMT equipment.
- Develop and de-bug AOI test programs for printed circuit boards (PCB’s).
- Develop and de-bug wave solder, screen print, reflow oven and selective solder machine profiles.
- Develops and implements assembly programs within schedule and budgetary parameters.
- Monitors and debugs production procedures to ensure system efficiencies.
- Prepares design concept drawings, cost estimates and implementation schedules for production equipment and tooling.
- Reviews and recommends changes to mechanical drawings and process documentation.
- Interfaces with other manufacturing departments to address and resolve engineering issues.
- Interfaces with vendors and outside sales personnel to evaluate, cost estimate, and select purchase parts and production equipment.
- Works with potential customers to determine project cost estimates, project schedules and quality requirements.
- Utilizes Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Problem Solving, Root Cause Analysis, and Countermeasure Implementation to drive circuit board quality improvements and report data effectively.
- Reports to Area Manager.
- Works directly with Manufacturing Engineers, Senior Test Engineers, Design Engineers, Cell Operators, Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers, and Members of Management.
5. Measures of Performance
- Product quality, as measured by internal yield.
- Product cost, as measured by ability to complete projects within budget.
- Product delivery, as measured by the ability to complete projects within the scheduled period.
Background and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Technology Engineering
Minimum of seven (7) years of specifically related experience required.
Knowledge and experience with lean tools and principles would be beneficial.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Experience with AutoCAD preferred but not required.
Proficiency with MyDATA and QUAD pick and place equipment, Electrovert wave solder and reflow ovens, Selective solder equipment programming and AOI test equipment required.
Experience in a Printed Circuit Board Assembly contract manufacturing environment is beneficial.
Personal Trait Profile
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work with operators, peers, and management
Technically capable of grasping new concepts quickly, and willing to learn and adapt to a continuously changing environment.
Possesses sense of urgency regarding machine up-time and production demands
Driven to improve quality, processes, and future state of the boardroom
Functions effectively as a team member in fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
Prone to take responsibility and make decisions
Self-motivated and a high achiever
Microscopes that let researchers see life at 100 nanometers in three dimensions. Dental diagnostics that spot decay as it forms, enabling painless, noninvasive treatments. Disinfection technologies that help ensure safe drinking water at the rate of billions of gallons of water a day. Transaction systems that bring new levels of speed and security to consumers. Network analyzers that link seamlessly with sophisticated software to maximize uptime.
Danaher products span some of the most demanding applications in the world, creating new possibilities not only for those who use them, but for millions more who never give them a moment’s thought. In every case, they’re delivering benefits that matter to markets that are eager for innovation. And we are doing it through a customer-centric approach that unites our businesses and has made them global leaders.
Danaher has a proven system for achieving performance: the Danaher Business System (DBS). It drives every aspect of the group’s culture and performance. DBS is a system of continuous improvement and is used to guide and measure everyday activities.
Danaher’s business activities encompass four reporting segments and are comprised of seven strategic platforms: Medical Technologies (Life Sciences & Diagnostics and Dental), Professional Instrumentation (Environmental, Test & Measurement), Industrial Technologies (Motion, Product ID, Focused Niche Businesses) and Tools & Components (Mechanic’s Hand Tools).
North America-United States-PA-Altoona
Danaher - 15 months ago