I. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
II. JOB DUTIES:
- The purpose of this position is to be responsible for content and campaign origination for open ended Mutual Funds within the North American financial institutions arena
III. QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Partner with multiple departments including business development, advisor services, shareholder service, product management and investments, contributing marketing perspective and strategies to support business goals and objectives
- Help the execution of annual marketing plan that provides clear strategic and tactical direction aimed at increasing growth of Aberdeen’s U.S. investment vehicles and brand awareness
- Coordinate and interface with global marketing teams to develop and leverage core capabilities, resources and initiatives
- Implement strategies and campaigns through all communications mediums: print, email, web, public relations, sponsorships and advertising
- Lead the development and execution of key marketing communications initiatives for retail, professional investor and other external audiences, in collaboration with sales, legal, fund administration and investment management teams
- Analyze ROI, effectiveness and quality of marketing efforts and solicit feedback for future actions. Utilize the acquired feedback to develop recommendations and provide input in the budgeting and planning process
- Conduct research and obtain information from a variety of sources to develop competitive and strategic overviews for new marketing initiatives
IV. CONDITIONS OF WORK:
- Education: College degree required
- 10+ years of experience in financial services, preferably mutual funds
- Proven experience in managing and planning marketing strategy, advertising campaigns, e-commerce and marketing and communications services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- FINRA Series 63, 6 or 7, or the willingness to obtain one within 6 months
- Solid knowledge of mutual fund products, industry, investment strategies and concepts, including applicable SEC and FINRA regulatory requirements
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
- Employee can be expected to work 5-10 hours overtime per week. Under certain circumstances, extended work hours may be required due to shortened deadlines
- Some travel may be required with possible overnight and international travel involved. Travel is expected to be less than 10%
Should you wish to apply for this role, please email the Human Resources Department at email@example.com , attaching a copy of your CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply.
Aberdeen Asset Management - 18 months ago