Under general supervision, serves as a member of the Measures Management Special Project team responsible for implementing, maintaining, and enhancing the CMS Measures Management System (MMS). Responsible for maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all data types that support quality measures. Responsible for maintaining proficiency in complex statistical and data analytic issues related to measure development, implementation, and maintenance. Provides collegial leadership on the team in the implementation of the MMS and in providing timely and responsive support to CMS, CMS measure contractors, and other measure organizations when necessary.
- Evaluates complex quality measures with complex statistical calculations.
- Provides leadership in evaluating risk adjustment methodology for quality measures.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on various statistical issues and statistical programming methodology related to quality measurement.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all assigned quality measures and related initiatives.
- Maintains up-to-date, comprehensive knowledge of the advances in quality measurement methodology, new developments in measurement policies and national quality measurement initiatives.
- Participates in maintaining a constantly updated inventory of quality measures to meet CMS needs.
- Upon request, performs critical review and synthesis of health care literature related to quality measurement.
- Provides timely and accurate consultation and technical assistance to CMS, and measure contractors on a regular basis regarding the processes and decision criteria of the Measures Management System.
- Works collegially with the team, including assisting them in their work of providing technical support to measure contractors, other measure organizations and CMS.
- Conducts research on clinical, program policy, and other issues related to measures development and the operations of the MMS.
- Assesses current measures development, implementation, and reevaluation processes of CMS and measure developers, and evaluates these customers' barriers and best practices in implementing the MMS. Based upon the evaluation findings, work with the project team to recommend appropriate interventions to make the CMS MMS measurement processes become aligned, efficient, and effective. Responsible for updating assigned sections of the MMS.
- Participates in ongoing continuous improvement of the quality and efficiency of MMS products and services. Performs assessment and identifies methods to efficiently accomplish assigned tasks and deliver quality work products.
- Provides excellent customer service with timely, accurate and courteous response to all customers of the Measures Management Special Project.
Accountable for the timeliness, completeness, accuracy and quality of all assigned functions and tasks.
In this position the employee may be subject to environmental conditions related to vehicular and air travel to and from locations, which may include overnight stays.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/COMPETENCIES
- Understands the elements of development, data collection, calculation, and reporting for health care quality measurement. Specifically, ability to conduct complex analysis and evaluation of statistical issues related to quality measures.
- Ability to communicate detailed ideas and instructions clearly and competently to staff and members of the health care quality measurement community by written or spoken word.
- Ability to explain the fundamentals of quality measurement.
- Ability to exercise problem solving and decision-making skills utilizing professional judgment and discretion, including identifying root causes of problems and formulate alternative approaches to solving specific problems.
- Ability to undertake numerous projects and tasks concurrently and efficiently.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations by maintaining adequate performance when confronted with pressures of deadlines and time limits.
- Ability to adapt to different situations involving a variety of duties characterized by frequent changes.
- Ability to take initiative and proactively complete work assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to tolerate opposing views and work cooperatively as a team member.
- Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with team members through non-verbal as well as verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver oral presentations to large audiences and speak in public gatherings.
- Ability to travel to meetings and presentations in and out of the state.
- Ability to use a personal computer and appropriate software programs.
- Ability to adhere to established company confidentiality policies.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Master's degree in statistics, health care economics, mathematics, or comparable field. PhD preferred.
- Experience in health services research, in evaluation of programs and systems, or comparable experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of recent work experience in conducting health care research or evaluation using SAS.
- Experience in development, collection, calculation, and reporting of quality measures or comparable experience.
- Five years health care experience in at least one of the following settings:
- Ambulatory (i.e., physician office, clinic, community health center)
- Acute care (i.e., hospital, critical access hospital, long-term care hospital)
- Home health agency
- Skilled nursing facility
- Inpatient rehabilitation facility
- Ambulatory surgical center
- Psychiatric hospital
- Managed care organization
- Quality management and quality measurement experience.
- Facility with Web-based research (i.e., ability to locate useful information using Google or another search engine).
- Health services research and /or data analysis experience preferred.
- Experience in business process analysis preferred.
- Possess general understanding of the changing health care market place.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficient in oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., changes in personnel, emergencies, workload, technological developments or company priorities.
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago