The Mechanical Design Engineering (internally Senior Development Engineer) will be a lead team member in an aggressive product development effort to produce and commercialize next generation portable power technology. As part of a multidisciplinary team, the Senior Development Engineer will be supporting cell design development underlying application of lithium ion battery technology in automotive and commercial products.
- Design and development of Li-Ion storage products for Motorsports (racing), Passenger Automotive, Commercial and Industrial applications.
- Plan and troubleshoot prototyping and transfer to mass production.
- Manage both internal and external technical resources.
- Effectively communicate results to broader teams in the US and abroad.
- Lead and mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Plan and Execute APQP Phase Gate Development projects
- Demonstrated expertise and success in development of products for large volume production in a structured environment using DFSS or APQP methods.
- Hands-on experience with developing technical specifications for components and assemblies.
- Knowledge and experience with precision metal stamping, deep drawing, metal joining and injection molding processes and materials.
- Specific experience with laser welding, ultrasonic metal welding and/or hermetic compression seals highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience and success in a lead engineering role developing new products.
- Individual drive and flexibility to work in a rapidly developing entrepreneurial environment
- Resourceful, strong attention to detail and excellent interaction skills, capable of rapidly integrating observations and results into subsequent development activities.
BS or MS in Mechanical, Chemical, Materials Engineering or related field
5-plus years of related design and development experience
Demonstrated expertise and success in design and development of mechanical components and assemblies for high volume production
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Experience in Windows based applications preferred
No Agencies please, Local candidates only
- Ability to travel domestic and international in any part of the world
NEC Energy Solutions, Inc.
- 20 months ago - save job
A123 Systems wants to get everyone all charged up over electric vehicles -- as long as they use its rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. The...