General Summary of Duties: The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the layout, analysis, and design of the mechanical engineering scope of work for power, industrial, |
and chemical projects. The mechanical scope may include equipment layouts, piping layouts, pipe stress analysis, and pipe supports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop concepts for mechanical and piping designs to cost-effectively meet project requirements.
- Prepare calculations and/or computer models for the analysis and design of mechanical and piping components.
- Perform designs in accordance with current codes and regulations
- Interact and communicate effectively with clients, project managers, other design disciplines, vendors, contractors, and other team members to report project status and address project-related issues.
- Review the work of other engineers and designers and evaluate for completeness and accuracy.
- Visit client facilities and/or jobsites as needed to obtain information for design.
- Education Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET-accredited curriculum is required.
- Experience Minimum of 7 years of pertinent engineering and design experience.
- Communication Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering design codes and regulations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, contractors, and/or employees of the organization.
- Computer Skills Ability to utilize computer-aided analysis and design tools. Knowledge and ability to utilize computer-aided drafting tools such as AutoCAD or MicroStation is desired.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations PE registration is strongly preferred.
Robins and Morton - Other Professionals - 17 months ago