Sr. Mechanical Engineer – Fluid Systems
The Sr. Fluid System Engineer will design fluid systems for the propulsion and auxiliary engines and support the auxiliary system installation; to include, fuel systems, hydraulic, lubrication oil, fresh water, pneumatic, drainage systems… etc. in accordance with program specifications and OEM suppliers/manufacturer requirements. He/she will write system and component specifications, develop general and detailed system layouts, perform analysis of installation system components, and coordinate with other engineering disciplines during developmental efforts.
• Design detail auxiliary system installation such as fuel systems, hydraulic, lubrication oil, fresh water, pneumatic, drainage systems… etc
• Coordinate supplier subsystem development efforts and participate in supplier design reviews.
• Review of engineering products such as drawings, specifications, test reports, and analyses for completeness and accuracy.
• Prepare technical reports for submittal to customer.
• Perform tasks according to program schedules and budget.
• Coordinate auxiliary system interface requirements with other IPTs.
• Identify and manage risks associated with the Auxiliary Systems IPT.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
• 5 plus years of marine, RV or aerospace auxiliary system design.
• Practical knowledge of applicable military and commercial marine or RV or trailer standards.
• Knowledge of selecting piping components, pressure drop calculation and duct sizing, etc.
• Knowledge of general purpose fluid systems design, piping arrangements etc.
• Expert in 3D CAD tools user on system such as SolidWorks, CATIA, NX5 and Pro-E.
• Knowledge of SolidWorks pipe routing software is a plus.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR., ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
This employer participates in eVerify.
Schedule : Full-time
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : First Shift
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
FPCNational - 15 months ago