Investigate failures of mechanical and plumbing systems for residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities. Provide litigation support to attorneys, insurance companies, owners, contractors and developers. Provide professional Mechanical Engineering consulting services for non-litigation matters. Develop and expand business opportunities through highest quality work and exceptional results. Cadmus is a dynamic, growth-oriented consultancy; this position has the ability to positively impact the business and to provide significant opportunities for leadership and professional growth.
• Serve as primary point of contact to clients requiring mechanical engineering investigative services
• Conduct engineering investigations to establish root causes of system failures. Properly collect, store, handle and transfer physical evidence
• Provide engineering reports as required by clients
• Assist retaining counsel in assessing the technical aspects of each case
• Provide expert testimony at deposition, trial and alternative dispute resolution forums
• Act as an integral part of the Forensics group’s QA/QC team
• Provide training and education to CTG employees, clients and others on selected technical aspects of work
• Develop business for the firm from new and existing clients
• Other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time
• 15 + years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering, including substantial building system design and field experience. Experience designing heating/cooling central plants and power/process systems a plus
• BSME or equivalent degree required from U.S. ABET-accredited institution or comparable foreign institution. MSME a plus
• Registration as a licensed professional engineer in California required; or ability to obtain California registration by comity from another state. Multi-state registration a plus
• Experience as primary point of contact with clients on a project basis
• Deep technical proficiency in at least one mechanical engineering specialty
• Prior experience investigating failures of engineered systems and providing deposition and expert witness testimony required
• Physical stamina and flexibility as required to conduct inspections of facilities under challenging conditions of limited space, elevated locations, outdoor work in inclement weather, hot/cold/humid environments and others
• Current valid Driver’s license and access to private auto as required to visit client/project sites in Southern California.
• Travel from 5% - 20% based on client contracts. Travel could be local or may require short overnight trips.
• General computer proficiency (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Outstanding oral and written communications in English
• Cooperative people skills to facilitate working with other Forensics staff and clients
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute numerous project responsibilities simultaneously
• Repeat engagements with existing clients
• Positive results from post-case client surveys
• Cooperation and collaboration with Senior Consultants, clients and Cadmus management and staff.
This position is ideal for an experienced, inquisitive, well-organized candidate interested in the dynamic interface between the engineering and legal professions. Opportunities also exist to contribute to the enterprise’s High Performance Building practice.
This position is located in Irvine, CA.
The Cadmus Group is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.